Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR report for pulmonologist
OSCAR report for pulmonologist
I have an appointment with my pulmo tomorrow morning. I usually print out a report from Dreammapper and bring it in, but I got to thinking that now that I can read my DS2 data, it might be better to bring in an OSCAR report.

What would be a good format/data for this?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR report for pulmonologist
Well, at least here in Germany, a doctor must not use OSCAR's data as the program isn't officially approved ... Usually the pulmos have to use the manufacture's software as ResScan made by ResMed, e.g.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
If a doctor doesn't look at presented (OSCAR) data as input from his patient he is IMHO, not a very good doctor.

It would not surprise me if he needed to verify the data. But to ignore it...
Post Reply Post Reply
Bring both reports and see which one interests him/her the most.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am struggling with my Pulmonologist too. I sent over Oscar reports and one from the Resmed company download. I figured out she never got the Oscar data…. Or ignored it. I also need to know why about 1-2 am why my mask goes wonky ( tried two masks F30 and F20) and won’t reseal for the whole night!!

I have another appointment- in person- to discuss an ASV over biPap and to see if she looks at Oscar. 

This whole journey has been so challenging!!

Hope you get some good info Chas!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2022, 06:06 AM)Gideon Wrote: If a doctor doesn't look at presented (OSCAR) data as input from his patient he is IMHO, not a very good doctor.

I've decided that my jackass isn't really a doctor, he's a just a reader of printouts.

At my 3-month-after-new-machine follow-up appointment I told him that I have nights where I will have one or more very long apneas (40 seconds to sometimes over a minute.) A single long event during the night will cause vertigo when I wake up followed by a severe headache for the rest of the day.

His response? "The machine isn't going to do anything for that." He then changed the subject to noting that the average mask leak over the entire 90-day period was not high. Thereby proving he doesn't understand statistics, either.

According to his bio, this particular guy is a neurologist. A patient just reported a serious and somewhat debilitating neurological symptom. He's not interested.

My advice? Don't get your hopes up...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments.

I brought in both the DreamMapper report and the OSCAR report (F12 screenshot) and the two-page version of that same thing covering 6 months (minus Total Time in Apnea, which the DS2 doesn't report). He was impressed by the amount of data provided by OSCAR.

Both the AHI and Usage charts pretty much matched up. Not surprising.

My pulmo, who first diagnosed me 12 years ago, had not heard of either Sleepyhead or OSCAR. He was pretty interested in it and took a lot of notes about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll add...

I've been a very compliant CPAP user. Like many of you, it changed my life and likely saved it. I was there for a nagging cough, and the doctor diagnosed me within 1 minute of walking into the exam room 12 years ago. He sent me for an overnight sleep study which confirmed my sleep apnea and then prescribed a machine. I got a System One from the DME and never looked back. Well, at least until June of last year and this whole recall crap hit.

The nagging cough turned out to be acid reflux...
Post Reply Post Reply
Your post is quite old so I don't know if you'll see this message or not. But if you or anyone read this, how did you download your data from Oscar into a report that your pulmonologist could review.

I know there's the one page that shows options like daily view, overview, and statistics.  And I did the export data option, but that downloads into an excel file with 43 columns and a row for every day I've had the machine.  I can't imagine that type of data is very useful or comparable to the type of data that they would get if I just brought my machine or at least the SD card into the medical supply place and had them download it and send it to my doctor.  The last time I went through that it never made it to my doctor in the end anyways.

My appointment is just over a week away so I thought I could see if they thought the information was useful at all. Or if they wanted me to go to the place I got my BiPap from and have them download it and send it in time for the appointment.  They didn't tell me to do so up front this time. But I thought I would at least try to provide the information to them in some form.

I appreciate any help anyone can give on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Under the File menu item, there is a choice 'Print Report' which can either print on paper or create a pdf file. I think the most useful would be the Daily page - it has all your settings, and the Statistics page - which summarises your results. I'd suggest setting the Report mode (bottom left) to monthly.
If you create a pdf file, it will be saved in your OSCAR_Data folder.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 160 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 186 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,138 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 170 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
  been on CPAP for 5.5 weeks, still tired. pulmonologist has dismissed me mushroom 12 888 01-11-2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,372 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 467 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.