Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sleep Data - Can't Eliminate All Obstructive Apneas
Sleep Data - Can't Eliminate All Obstructive Apneas
I know this technically looks pretty good but I'm still frustrated that it seems to be impossible to correct all of my obstructive apneas. It's especially frustrating because I always seem to get waken up in the middle of dreams - so I am pretty sure most of my obstructive apneas happen when I enter REM sleep and that this important part of my sleep cycle becomes interrupted. I notice on the very rare night that I have long uninterrupted dreams that I wake up feeling a lot better, so it would really be nice if there were a way to lower my obstructive events even more. 

I have tried pressures as high as 18 without resolution of obstructive apneas. My Mirage FX nasal mask fits well and is a high flow design. The only thing that has helped so far has been a cervical collar. I can't imagine what else I could do but maybe someone has an idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Data - Can't Eliminate All Obstructive Apneas
Here is the data: 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleep Data - Can't Eliminate All Obstructive Apneas
Welcome tho the forum.

EPAP treats obstructive Apneas.
Pressure Support, the pressure difference between exhale and inhale, best treats flow limits, RERAs, hypopneas, UARS, and snores.

Your machine is not capable of this. A BiLevel is

We prefer the screenshot vs the report because that includes your statistics which may provide additional hints.

Your numbers are excellent, chasing a zerois not a good idea.

It is possible you have UARS. Basicly that means flow limits are bothering you and you are likely sensitive 5them. Your machine dose a poor job of reporting them, the hints are that you are having some flow limits and some RERAs, even if it is only a history of them.

Your current machine cannot treat these any more than what you have already done. My machine of choice for you would be the ResMed VAuto
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 536 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 846 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 300 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 761 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.