Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR request to display more machine settings
OSCAR request to display more machine settings
I notice that when I use my O2Ring or other oximeter (which I’m doing every night now), the display on the left doesn’t show as much as I (or helpful people here on AB) want to see.  For example, it pushed EPR off the bottom.
I’m using OSCAR 1.2.0 on Mac OS

Is it possible to do two things?:
Take out the extra line returns above and below the name of the oximeter?,
Take out the extra line return after the heading “Machine Settings” (so it is more like “Statistics” above, which doesn’t have a space between bold heading and the data list),
Move EPR/Flex up under the pressure listings, above Antibacterial Filter and Climate Control (two items which no one has ever asked me to show)

Maybe move up next under EPR:
Mask
Ramp settings

This would really help as I scroll through the daily data, day-to-day, and glance at my O2 and whatever I tweaked on the machine.  And help when I post a screenshot here on AB. 

Thanks for considering this!

- SleepyCPAP

[attachment=35029]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR request to display more machine settings
Currently everything after the mode/pressure settings is listed alphabetically. It seems like pressure mode would be a good candidate for being promoted as well (since it also shows up in the statistics display, so we already consider it a significant setting).

I'm not sure whether we should treat Ramp specially, since it's not really a therapeutic setting per se. A nice UI enhancement might be to add a preference for which settings to display by default, along with a "Show all" button in that list if any are hidden.

The extra blank lines around Viatom are due to the machine stats display leaving room for the manufacturer and PAP mode in addition to the model. That could probably be adjusted, along with the other ones you mention.

Ah, so much technical debt...
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be good for those that use the AutoSet 10 in Soft Mode to have that show up too, but I think that has already been included on the To Do list?

A bit of blank space does seem to make things easier to find, visually.

I find if I hold down the Control key and use the mouse scroll wheel I can change the font size and fit everything in more easily.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change the font size and style in the Preferences section for it to be permanent too.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape said:
“You can change the font size and style in the Preferences section for it to be permanent too.”

This!

Thank you. At least for now with this adjustment it shows the list down to Humidity Level. I don’t want to make it smaller, because it is already looking kinda tiny on my laptop.  Can’t see ramp, but I’m not doing much with that lately.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can also scroll the left panel by itself to see more lines.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dell XPS-13 Laptop & OSCAR Display Resolution 44tonner 2 163 03-04-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: 44tonner
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 245 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  OSCAR has never seen my machine's data before! PappaJoe 9 510 02-14-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar doesn't update settings kappak 1 276 01-19-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR "Most recent" AHI doesn't match " Changes to Device Settings" macbob 5 1,038 01-19-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 485 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  Oscar Time Display Discrepancy BeardedPAP 2 659 11-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: CWest

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.