Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UI size adaption for presbyopia
UI size adaption for presbyopia
Incident 001 - Layout can't be resized in accordant with user's preference
Actual Result: 
1. Some string fonts can't be changed according to user's preference.
2. Welcome layout can't be resized
Expected result:
1. Fonts size settings should be able to apply to all scenarios.
2. Welcome page layout should be resizable align with the font size setting.

Incident 002 - Redundant symbol seems to be gibberish
Actual Result:
unknown symbol possibly caused by character set (ISO - UTF8)
Expected Result:
Remove comma if possible, no additional comma nor dash needed for the double-byte character.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UI size adaption for presbyopia
I'm not sure how much work is involved in allowing the font size to be set from preference in that Welcome block. Perhaps one of the developers who has looked at that will comment.

I'm not sure why you are seeing a '%' in the name field of the profile line. As we can see here:
Code:
tr("%1, %2").arg(prof->user->lastName()).arg(prof->user->firstName())

it should be a ', ' between the family name and the given name. This would be the tradition for European names. As I understand it, that is not correct for Chinese names (both Traditional and Simplified?).  Do you know if any of the other languages we have translated change the order of names from the European tradition? We would need to add code to accommodate those languages.

I'm also guessing that instead of First and Last names, we should use Given and Family names. Would that change how you labelled those fields?

I'm not sure we can fix this for the beta release, or even the release coming, but we should not forget it. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Name order for Chinese (tradtional, simplified), Korean and Japanese -
SurnameFirstname
Above language natives all have Chinese-look-like character names.

No punctuation or symbol should be added in between SurnameFirstName order, only "space" is acceptable to praise someone, e.g. SurnameSpaceFirstname
Post Reply Post Reply
You made a typo in the translation:
[attachment=35109]
Maybe best in your case would be just: %2%1
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I think if it is just for the given string  您希望從何處著手? (What would you like to do?), it should be easy to make it bigger. 15 pt instead of 11 (in welcome.ui) would make the question more obvious in all languages...

[attachment=35110]

However, if there are many of these changes, we'd better wait for the upgrade of the User Interface. That should improve much more!
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Does that allow me to modify the variant format?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
No, you'd better leave that to the developers for now...
But remember, we cannot read Chinese...!
So, what do you mean?

Post Reply Post Reply
I did not make any change in that string... % already exists in the previous build.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2021, 09:48 AM)bojay Wrote: I did not make any change in that string... % already exists in the previous build.

... in the previous build = in the work of the previous translator.
So, you may now change that Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Increase Text Size in OSCAR Statistics Report CapeCodder 25 2,493 05-26-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  SD Card Size mzliztoo 4 2,444 12-19-2020, 02:54 PM
Last Post: mzliztoo
  OSCAR Overview Chart AHI Bars are Wrong Size? spacewrench 10 1,496 03-29-2020, 08:53 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  OSCAR data size kongjie 0 668 10-12-2019, 12:23 PM
Last Post: kongjie
  WIN-10 Sleepyhead small display size? TexasTiger 2 1,367 06-18-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TexasTiger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.