Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask
RE: OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask
Great keep chipping away at it
Post Reply Post Reply

Posting this from last night. I tried the new mask again, the Rrespeionics Amara Gel full face. My second night with this maak.    

On the face of it, I should be quite excited - AHI <5, Leak rate around 10% (was around 30% or more with last mask)  - way better stats than with the Comfort Gel nasal. As I am very much getting used to this mask I am not quite ready to add this SCC to the equation yet but I now have it and will try it when ready.  Granted I didn't get as many hours sleep as usual as every time I try to go ts sleep I am grappling with leaks that can spring from such a big mask.  

So why do I not feel better? it was at best an average night by my standards and no doubt an hour or two more hours would sleep have helped. But the stats don't lie...or do they? Does any of the data give a clue?
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Your cervical alignment is still a significant issue, your chin tucking?

Team, what's with the flow rate here? Are we lacking the typical detail in an ST BiLevel?
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, I think the Philips ST does not contain detailed (5Hz) flow rate data and instead tracks the short-term average peak flow.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
    Does this shed any more light? It's the Encore Basic Data. This gives a different picture of the leak rate - much higher. In fact, can you trust the AHI data when the leak rate is around 100L/min?  Last two nights with the Amara full face mask. Is there any point in using a chin strap before I move to the SSC?  I guessed not, being a full face mask? 

Not using the SSC yet as adjusting to the new mask.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If a very high leak rate as shown in Encore is accurate, I think it would be near impossible for any CPAP to give any help at all.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Aha, that would explain a lot. I am going to persevere with the Amara View a bit longer to see if I can get the leaks down. Reading the Mask Primer wiki atm.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply

How long do you give a new mask? Granted, it came off my face for part of the night, but even allowing for that the stats just do not seem to tally with how I feel...crud. As if I had had about two hours' sleep.  

I am tempted to ditch the Amara Gel FFM right now and go back to the old faithful Comfort Gel nasal mask for a while on a "better the devil you know basis". That would also allow mew to try out the SSC as Bonjour recommended as I can't handle two major changes at once.

Is there any point in persisting if I feel rubbish? Does it get better?

I am including an image of last night FWIW

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I am posting these screenshots in the hope of some feedback on my data.    

This a screenshot from last night, with SSC, which I have adjusted to pretty well.   

Given that I started using the SSC on 9 October, I think the graph below tells me that OAs are no better - n fact since a pressure tweak on 14 October - EPAP and IPAP both raised by 1cm by the sleep nurse  - it seems they have got worse.

In fact, does the data suggest anything I can try other than changing the mask and reducing leaks, which I am working on?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
My first inclination is advising you it is time to find another mask. Your current one is not doing you any good. Hypopneas and OAs are indicative of a too low EPAP pressure.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 147 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 242 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  First night results from Oscar BobFromAccounting 7 396 02-10-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: glenncol
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 370 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 417 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.