Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask
RE: OSCAR screenshot: one night with new mask
Thanks again, Sleeprider. 

I did subjectively feel significantly better after one night with a higher BPM = as if I had had a couple of extra hours' sleep - but no better for the last couple og nights.

I will print off the extract you quote from Respeioincs to take to the clinic in a couple of weeks. Do you happen to have a link?

I have in fact been using an SCC for several months now.

I agree, it has to be an ASV and I aim to have it within a few months.
Respironics Dreamstation Auto CPAP ay 8 cm. fixed pressure.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
An update to my situation, and all feedback appreciated.

I have two CPAP challenges now: to adapt to a new mask and hopefully a new machine.

I tried the ResMed Mirage FX for the first time last night. I immediately liked the feel of it and thought that it didn't leak much, if at all. My subjective impression was of a smoother night's sleep too.

However, OSCAR tells a different story. Please see the first graph below which shows n AHI of 12, and a large leak rate of nearly 30%.

For comparison, I am posting below that the previous night's stats, using the Comfort Gel. To my great surprise, the stats were actually better. I am wondering whether I simply didn't have the Mirage tight enough, or whether it's the wrong size. I will investigate.

Albeit that I still need a new machine, does anyone see anything else in the stats that is of interest? 

Mirage

Comfort Gel

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Both charts show Positional Apnea, which we often refer to as chin tucking. Pressure does not fix this and neither does changing masks. Are you using a Collar? It may be fixed with a pillow change. Removing a pillow if using more than one or a flatter pillow. Read the Soft Cervical Collar wiki linked in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon

Interesting that the charts show chin tucking. I am in fact wearing a collar and have been for many months since Bonjour pointed it out last year. I am not sure I can safely make it any tighter.

I have been using a hollow fibre pillow so have now swapped it for my spare, feather, one.

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
T post a zoomed view on the obstructive event clusters so they ca be more closely examined
Post Reply Post Reply
My consultant is now talking about putting me on the Repsironi cs Trilogy. She says it has an ASV mode.

Would this be a suitable machine for me?

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I would prefer the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV as we can see detailed data from that in OSCAR but not the Trilogy.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed ASV equivalent in the UK is the Aircurve CS Pacewave
Post Reply Post Reply
Above points re@: chin tucking and machine noted.

While I wait for the wheels of the NHS to grind forward (getting new machine no earlier than July) I am pretty desperate for some short term relief. 

I have changed pillows and am using an SSC in an effort to reduced chin tucking and thus Hypopnoeas.

Apart from the obvious point that last night was a bad one for leaks, is there really nothing I could try with the existing machine, in terms of pressure, to help myself?

This from a couple of nights ago:

Resmed AirFit F230 mask. 
Post Reply Post Reply
You will be surprised at your numbers once the positional aspect is eliminated.
Try a different collar and the flattest pillow you can stand.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 232 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 207 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 208 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 454 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 279 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  First night results from Oscar BobFromAccounting 7 428 02-10-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: glenncol
  Screenshot analysis yankees123 10 425 01-31-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.