Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR screenshots
OSCAR screenshots
On several posts by others, I see CSR (green) in the left sidebar, and on the bottom left corner of the graph side under "Event types" on their OSCAR screenshots, but CSR does not show as being available in my OSCAR chart "event types", am I missing something, some setting that I should have included?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR screenshots
Not missing anything.  The event types will only show up if one is in your recent history.

From what I understand (very little), you do not want CSR to show up. But if they do, some machines like the ResMed overly classify periodic breathing as CSR.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some machines did not detect CSR (yours does), so that data channel is not created in OSCAR until the machine reports a CSR event. So if you can't find a CSR channel in your data, it's because you have never had any CSR events.

By the way, most of the time when CSR is reported, it is simply some form of periodic breathing, not true CSR.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greywolfe,
If CSR isn't showing up as a selection under the "Event Types" drop down box, you may have to go into Preferences and see if CSR is selected.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2022, 01:52 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Greywolfe,
If CSR isn't showing up as a selection under the "Event Types" drop down box, you may have to go into Preferences and see if CSR is selected.

I did check in preferences, it is checked. 
All this is good to know, CSR not showing means not having any CSR's.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct! But it should have been listed in the drop down box.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there wiki page or forum thread that lists all Oscar supported machines by Mfg and Model AND then lists what Data categories machine tracks/reports and then are displayed in Oscar?

I real a lot of forum threads and their Oscar data to try and educate myself and learn from the "experts" who respond in the thread to OP who asks for review. I am often baffled by how different the Oscar data categories are. In addition to my request for the info above, it'd also to me be quite helpful if there was a Wiki page or forum thread that discussed similarities (or major differences) in machine/model AND what if any category is. somewhat similar to a different machine's data. For example, how is machine/model data category X____ helpful in tracking/monitoring/tweaking one's therapy AND if there is a different category used by a different machine that might offer similar insight?

While I am very impressed with the incredible expertise of many members in analyzing Oscar data, I am eager to be taught how to fish (look for myself) and find a paucity of forum resources in this regard. If they are available I have just looked in the wrong places please let me know, much thanks. It was only by reading a relatively recent forum thread that I learned about Flow Limitations and the somewhat generally accepted data goal for the 95% FL stat AND why keeping an eye on Flow Limitations is important. I'd love a better overview of general guidelines in looking at Oscar data, data trends. While I will not take the time to beomce a grad student level member in looking at Oscar, I'd like to get out of 2nd or 3rd grade in my knowledge. I continue to value this forum and am looking for more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 88 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Struggling with New Machine - Screenshots Posted mawaw1992 32 3,544 08-23-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  A recommended sleep tech (hired) to try to study my screenshots? koy23 2 572 04-01-2023, 10:23 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR screenshots included - Optimizing ASV for UARS, RERA and early awakenings. d95p 1 740 08-17-2022, 02:37 PM
Last Post: d95p
  Where to post Oscar screenshots for review? koopas 17 1,556 11-30-2021, 08:06 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Suddenly feeling worse after 10 months of therapy? (w screenshots) sleepfordays 2 729 09-25-2021, 07:42 AM
Last Post: sleepfordays
  [Treatment] Two Year Treatment, Recent Lurker (OSCAR screenshots within) HeyHolland 12 1,606 08-17-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: HeyHolland

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.