Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR showing really weird-looking stop in data
OSCAR showing really weird-looking stop in data
Last night's data had a really weird artifact that I've never seen before. The flow rate curve and the mask pressure curve disappeared 8 seconds into what the machine scored as a 59-second apnea. The event flag is there floating in empty space! But then all of the other graphs are there still running all through the apnea, and another 9 seconds afterwards, and then there is a short break that looks like I took a bathroom break, and the machine recorded it as a new session.

Is this a bug in OSCAR? Is the machine recording something out of sync that OSCAR is faithfully reporting?

[Image: WeirdStopTop.png?raw=1]
[Image: WeirdStopBot.png?raw=1]
[Image: WeirdStopCloseup.png?raw=1]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR showing really weird-looking stop in data
There is definitely something weird there. I'd like to take a more detailed look at your files. Please make a zip of your SD card and upload it to https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH

Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who the file is from.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I posted something similar yesterday.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ening-here
Post Reply Post Reply
Same issue here. I'm a new user with Airsense 11 Autoset. Twice last night about a second each. The pressure curve drops to the minimum and then starts ramping up again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just realized there is a 22 minute gap in the chart as well. I don't get up in the night. I can accept a power fluctuation gap for a second or two, but 22 minutes??? There was no power outage.
Post Reply Post Reply
That sounds like an auto stop/autostart
Post Reply Post Reply
Smart Start is on, Smart Stop is off. Would changing either setting correct the issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use MyAir, goto to the date in question and look at the Mask On/off field.

Assuming you turned your machine on, and it remained on continuously all night the value should be 1.

If your machine was powered cycled, it will be be 2. If it is 1, then the 2 sessions represented by OSCAR is iikely a data corruption, input or interpretation error.
Post Reply Post Reply
millstown50 and paulauf: Please create a zip file of your SD card and upload it to our Dropbox. You can use OSCAR to create the zip file; go to Help->Troubleshooting->Create zip of CPAP data card. Be sure to put your forum user name in the filename, and then upload it to https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH

I hope to discover if this is a problem in OSCAR or in new code in the AS11.

Thanks for your help
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Uploaded. I didn't know about the SD card requirement until a few day into using it (thanks to this wonderful forum). Note, there were no instances of dropout in last two nights. We do have occasional light flickers here. I'd also appreciate a trained eye to look at my settings and results as I'm waiting on a phone consult with the VA to set it up ... in two-months! I was just reprimanded by email for changing my settlings without the doctor's permission after complaining that it felt like I has a leaf blower in my face and my cheeks were blowing up like a chipmunk. I replied politely stop changing my settings and we can discuss changes if they recommend something. I'm waiting for their response.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 27 3 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  oscar data sleeper2460 0 44 5 hours ago
Last Post: sleeper2460
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 107 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 65 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 404 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 143 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 146 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.