Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR some clarification on readings
OSCAR some clarification on readings
What is the difference between vibratory snore and vibratory snore 2 which one is more likely to be when i'm audibly snoring? My wife says I've been snoring more again so I'm interested to see, my numbers don't reflect anything going wrong my ahi is still less than 1 almost every night.

what is variable breathing, I don't recall that being in sleepyhead?

do I not see total time in apnea because mine is so low? is it because i have a dreamstation? It's not a huge deal i get the data elsewhere in the software just kinda curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR some clarification on readings
You do not see total time in apnea because SleepyHead arbitrarily added 10 seconds for every event because your machine did not record actual durations. OSCAR needs to be accurate so that calc was dropped when event duration was not provided.

I believe VS is better correlated with your snoring, VS2 is highly correlated to pressure increases on PR auto machines, we do not know what the precise criteria is.

Variable is a parameter reported by PR but was never utilized before. OSCAR therefore reports it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if I contacted Philips they would actually tell me what the criteria is and what variable breathing is
Post Reply Post Reply
I think most of their people are pretty busy right now. Also if they wanted to be helpful they would have published documentation for their file formats.

But good luck trying.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 02:22 PM)Gideon Wrote: You do not see total time in apnea because SleepyHead arbitrarily added 10 seconds for every event because your machine did not record actual durations.  OSCAR needs to be accurate so that calc was dropped when event duration was not provided.

The 10 second addition was just for ResMed hypopneas. As you say, that has been removed. However, ResMed reports duration for other apneas and the total appears in the "total time in apnea" line.

Philips machines don't report a reliable duration, so OSCAR doesn't report a duration. Thus, total time in apnea calculates as zero and a zero value is not shown.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-01-2021, 03:48 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Philips machines don't report a reliable duration

I wonder why that's so, maybe they'll fix it in the future could probably be done with a firmware upgrade.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 247 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
Question Percentages in Oscar - seek clarification BlueSky1958 3 690 07-09-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  How to quickly sync Wellue O2 Ring Readings from Android to OSCAR hoselife 63 8,129 03-23-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: EddyDee
  Clarification on Graph Titles and axis Wondering2 10 990 12-02-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  Question on OSCAR Mask Pressure Readings LindanHotAir 3 951 10-25-2021, 09:42 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Oscar: Weird spikes in flow rate and other feedback readings MikeBob 5 944 03-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Last Post: MikeBob
  Working through SleepyHead beginner guide, need clarification on SD card Nicholas 6 2,073 04-29-2017, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Nicholas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.