Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar wouldn't import data. Bug?
Oscar wouldn't import data. Bug?
I think I may have found an Oscar (1.2.0+6d9f544a) bug...

I tried to load last night's data from the SD card for my ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV, and Oscar wouldn't import it -- saying it was "up to date". I looked at the card, and last night's data was most definitely there. I then tried ResScan (5.9), and that software did import the data.

I have a background in software debugging, so I looked around and found Oscar's "debug.txt" file. I have attached said file. The issue might be a date/timestamp thing: the date/timestamp on the folder in the SD card for last night is 7/30/2021 12:00 pm. The dates on all the files in the folder, as one can see from the screenshot, all start today: 7/31. The "WARNING" sequence in the debug.txt file suggests to me that Oscar is tripping on the timestamp discrepancy, and thinks there is no data to import.

I made some settings changes in the Aircurve yesterday and I'd really like to see that data in Oscar. Any way to force an import? If not -- as a former software engineer, I'll understand!! It does look it might be a sticky coding problem to resolve, and perhaps not worth the effort, given that it probably doesn't happen too often!

Either way, let me know what you guys think and if I can supply any more info!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   Oscar 7-30 debug.txt (Size: 14.91 KB / Downloads: 4)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oscar wouldn't import data. Bug?
Okay, update: on a suspicion, I tried the import again, and it worked. Looks like I got caught by the "noon to noon" time period thing -- since it's now a few minutes after noon.

Sorry about that!   Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
It's possible you encountered a bug that has been fixed for the next release of OSCAR.

Are your CPAP machine and your computer set to the same timezone, including DST setting? Failure to import can happen if timezone or DST setting differ and the machine is in advance of the computer time. That is fixed in the next release of OSCAR.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed was 5 minutes slower than the laptop I use (which updates from the 'net), but otherwise all the same. I corrected the ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, being slower would not invoke that bug. Not sure what happened, but if it is working now....

Another thing to try if that happens again is to purge the current day and then import from the SD card again.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2021, 02:50 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Well, being slower would not invoke that bug.

Yeah, that's what I thought. No problem; lesson learned, and I certainly wouldn't advocate for expending energy on something that probably almost never happens. I'll try your suggestion if it happens again.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 8 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 139 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 87 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 59 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.