Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR issue (freeze on profile selection) [resolved - see post #5]
OSCAR issue (freeze on profile selection) [resolved - see post #5]
Hi all,
Thank you so much for your hard work on the software, it looks very nice and clean.

Sadly I have an issue 

I imported my old sleepyhead data and everything run as expected but Oscar always freeze on the profile selection page. I'm not able to switch between my profiles or open up anything once the import is done. it's like everything is frozen or isn't refreshed correctly

I tried to delete the oscar data folder and start from scratch by importing the data that I currently have on my SD card but the result is the same.

It run on a windows 10 machine, let me know if I can do anything to troubleshoot this.

I recorderd a video
https://tinytake.s3.amazonaws.com/pulse/...-17-50.mp4
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR issue
Thanks for the report Tommy. I have edited your post so that the link to your video works. (Great idea to include a video).
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting, at 24 seconds you are seeing the popup for toggling event flags. As if the screen has not been redrawn. Just curious, if you Alt-Tab to cycle through your open windows and tab back to OSCAR if you see the same thing?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2019, 07:38 AM)AlanE Wrote: Interesting, at 24 seconds you are seeing the popup for toggling event flags. As if the screen has not been redrawn. Just curious, if you Alt-Tab to cycle through your open windows and tab back to OSCAR if you see the same thing?

Yes it looks like the screen isn't redraw correctly as you said, around sec 18 i'm able to select a resize tool  that doesn't exists on the current screen.

I tried Alt-Tab and that doesn't works.

Is there any way to put the software in trace or debug mode so I could provide you some logs ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried changing the rendering engine in Oscar?  If you are unfamiliar with this,  you can find it under File -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Rendering Engine (Upper left drop down box).

Please keep us updated.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2019, 08:05 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Have you tried changing the rendering engine in Oscar?  If you are unfamiliar with this,  you can find it under File -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Rendering Engine (Upper left drop down box).

Please keep us updated.

Thanks, it worked. 
Looks like OpenGL was the problem in that case. 
Both ANGLE / OpenGLES and Software Engine works corretl
Post Reply Post Reply
Great!  Give yourself a raise and take the rest of the week off. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your support and especially for the hard works that has been done on the software. 
I hope this is just the beginning Smile

Thanks

Tom
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
Sad Instructions do NOT address hours used issue Plmnb 15 291 03-19-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 107 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,757 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 611 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 514 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 538 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.