Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR timing edits?
OSCAR timing edits?
Hello!  

Grateful for the assistance.  Hopefully this does not sound too silly....  

Is there a way to edit/cut in Oscar pieces of the timing data in a particular day's "block of timing"?  I am on the mend from a major cancer surgery (now, cancer free!!) and have bouts of insomnia during the night.  I find it useful not to get up away from the bed, because I will then likely eat something and get a semi-second wind and just stay up.  Instead, I find it most beneficial to just lay there and do deep breathing (sometimes for a half hour+) while connected to the CPAP and then eventually fall back to sleep.  However, OSCAR efficiently records all the deep breathing as apneas which skews my AHI score.

If I want to disregard those events, I deselect a whole block of timing, which temporarily adjusts the AHI score.  However, I don't want to lose all the sleep time that the block provides when I am actually asleep.  And for statistics purposes would like to permanently adjust the AHI score in such a fine tuning type of way.  Very likely this is too much to ask of the excellent OSCAR program, but I thought I would ask just in case I have missed this requested program capability.  Please advise.

Thanks, Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR timing edits?
No, OSCAR does not have a feature to edit the data. As you know, you can disable an entire session, but not part of a session.

We have no plans to add that capability, as it would mean anyone could alter their data in any way they desired, and OSCAR reports could no longer be relied upon by others to be accurate.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EncorePro 2.17.8, unable to save edits, pls help jbwife 1 1,276 09-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Last Post: AUDavidSydney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.