Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR translation to Spanish (Spain)
OSCAR translation to Spanish (Spain)
I am translating OSCAR to Spanish, I have found this word in the HELP menu that is alone and unanswered from the grammatical sentence.
Spanish is a very rich language and this word is an example.It can be translated into nine different grammatical contexts and fourteen less common words.
Can someone tell me the grammatical sentence it belongs to in OSCAR's HELP menu?

Tkanks in Advance

clear adjective

claro adj (clara f slclaros m plclaras f pl)

The illustrations in this manual are very clear. Las ilustraciones de este manual son muy claras.
The manual has very clear illustrations. El manual tiene ilustraciones muy claras.
I can see the stars because the sky is clear. Puedo ver las estrellas porque el cielo está claro.
The sky was so clear that we could see the stars. El cielo estaba tan claro que podíamos ver las estrellas.
The sound of the new speakers is very clear. El sonido de los nuevos altavoces es muy claro.

transparente adj

The water is so clear that I can see the ocean floor. El agua es tan transparente que puedo ver el fondo del océano.

evidente adj
It is clear that it has rained, because the ground is wet. Es evidente que ha llovido, porque la tierra está mojada.

despejado adj (despejada f sldespejados m pldespejadas f pl)
I can see many stars because the sky is clear. Puedo ver muchas estrellas porque el cielo está despejado.
limpio adj
The water is so clear that I can see the ocean floor. El agua está tan limpia que puedo ver el fondo del océano.

nítido adj (nítida f slnítidos m plnítidas f pl)
The letters on the screen are clear and easy to read. Las letras en la pantalla son nítidas y fáciles de leer.

libre adj
I arrived on time because the road was clear of traffic. Llegué a tiempo porque la carretera estaba libre de tráfico.

alejado adj (alejada f slalejados m plalejadas f pl)
The workers stood clear of the machinery. Los trabajadores se mantuvieron alejados de la maquinaria.
puro adj
I love the clear air after the rain. Amo el aire puro después de la lluvia.
less common:
cristalino adj, patente adj, manifiesto adj, obvio adj, exacto adj, preciso adj, límpido adj, luminoso adj, inequívoco adj, neto adj, bien definido adj, explícito adj, lúcido adj, franco adj.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR translation to Spanish (Spain)
looking at help at the top of oscar (file, view, data, help), I see no 'clear' in the drop down menu. can you provide more detail about the location and context of the word 'clear' about which you're looking for feedback?
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't find the word 'Clear' in the OSCAR menu, but I suspect it might be in the Linguist file for the Help Page. We aren't currently building the Help page, so it won't show up in the running program.
Ahh, yes, it is in help.cpp, as part of a constructed html string. Without building the help system and creating a test case to force it to appear in a dialog, I'm fairly confident that it is a verb, and the meaning is 'to erase'.
If you see other items whose source is in help.cpp or help.ui, they can be ignored until we get a good set of help pages - then there will be lots of work for all the translators.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2019, 05:17 PM)pholynyk Wrote: I can't find the word 'Clear' in the OSCAR menu, but I suspect it might be in the Linguist file for the Help Page. We aren't currently building the Help page, so it won't show up in the running program.
Ahh, yes, it is in help.cpp, as part of a constructed html string. Without building the help system and creating a test case to force it to appear in a dialog, I'm fairly confident that it is a verb, and the meaning is 'to erase'.
If you see other items whose source is in help.cpp or help.ui, they can be ignored until we get a good set of help pages - then there will be lots of work for all the translators.

Effectively, that is the file, I have translated the 15 grammatical paragraphs and words of HELP.Cpp, I add "borrar", delete is better than clear.

Advanced work for when the hard translation comes.

Gracias
Post Reply Post Reply
Hola!

For the Portuguese translation I used "Limpar", I think "Borrar" or "Limpiar" is what we need in my opinion.

Saludos.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perchas, in this case, the use of the word clear, means "open" as in unobstructed, not occluded, A clear airway event occurs when the airway is open or unobstructed, but a breath does not occur.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not too sure of that @Sleeprider. The word shows up in a constructed html line as the result of a Help topic search. As I mentioned, one would have to build the Help pages and the try various searches to see how it is used there.

In the Spanish .ts file there are two occurrences:
>>>phil@AmyDee:~/OSCAR/OSCAR-code/Translations$ grep -ni clear Espaniol.es.ts
>>>865:        <source>clear</source>
>>>6946:        <source>Clear Airway</source>

The first has this context:
>>>    <message>
>>>        <location filename="../oscar/help.cpp" line="241"/>
>>>        <source>clear</source>
>>>        <translation type="unfinished"></translation>
>>>    </message>

The second is obviously a reference to a kind of apnea, as you point out.

The context in the help.cpp file follows:
Code:
   QString a = (results.size() == 0) ? tr("No") : QString("%1").arg(results.size());
   html+="<font size=+1><b>"+ tr("%1 result(s) for \"%2\"").arg(a).arg(queryString)+"</b></font>";
   if (results.size()>0) 
      html += " [<font size=-1><a href='clear'>"+tr("clear")+"</a></font>]";

for (QHelpSearchResult & result : results) {
       QString title = result.url().toString().section("/",-1);
       html += QString("<p><a href=\"%1\"><b>%2:</b> %3</a></p>") .arg(result.url() .toString()) .arg(title) .arg(result .snippet());
   }
And here the word 'clear' is the link to a function to delete or erase the results of the search.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 09:19 AM)pholynyk Wrote: The second is obviously a reference to a kind of apnea, as you point out..........

And here the word 'clear' is the link to a function to delete or erase the results of the search.

Thanks for the help, you could refine a little more the meaning of the words in English, Erase or Delete, we know it all over the world and in all languages, but referring to the word Clear generates confusion when translating.

I have almost finished translating into Spanish, but I am finding myself with a big added problem, the space available where to put the translation, for example in EVENTS FLAGS that is read vertically and at 90º, in Spanish is "MARCADORES DE EVENTOS", 12 letters in English and 21 letters in Spanish, so I have to adapt the length to the space available, a headache!
Post Reply Post Reply
"EVENTOS" would be sufficient to show the purpose of the table. Flags is not required. My spanish is not good, but another option might be Banderas de Eventos....perhaps "Marcas" or "Puntas"
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2019, 05:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: "EVENTOS" would be sufficient to show the purpose of the table.  Flags is not required.  My spanish is not good, but another option might be Banderas de Eventos....perhaps "Marcas" or "Puntas"
Thanks Sleeprider, 

"Flags" in Spanish Banderas, only means one thing unequivocally those that wave in the wind, there is no other definition.

If anything, Event Indicators or abbreviated Indc. Eventos, although I think I'm going to decide what you propose, I think it's a good idea and just write Eventos.

This is one, I only have hundreds of phrases to adjust to the size of the space.

Who has to be busy to solve this, is the translator to German, if Spanish is complicated the German "is to cut the veins", a Spanish proverb appropriate to this situation
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR to SPANISH translation Perchas 1 776 07-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sleepy Head installs in Spanish only FriedEagle 9 2,421 12-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Last Post: FriedEagle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.