Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR [unable to import data after original migration of SH data]
OSCAR [unable to import data after original migration of SH data]
I am experiencing the same issue as car54 in this thread.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ly-results

I installed OSCAR about 4 days ago and migrated SleepyHead data at the same time without incidence.  
Today was the first day I tried to import my data.  After inserting SD card as usual, I receive this message: “already up to date with cpap data at F:/P-Series.”   As you can see from my screenshot, there is no import of data past the 23rd.  

I then closed OSCAR, and opened up SleepyHead, reinserted SD card and the import of the last 3 days of data went smoothly.   Tried OSCAR again....no go.

OSCAR Version 1.0.1

Dell Inspiron 24-5459
Windows 10
64 bit operating system
Version 1803

After clicking "yes" on the import screen, a message appears. (lower right of screen)  No import of data past the 23rd.
[attachment=11559]

No data imported for the 24th, 25th, or 26th. Hours listed at bottom are the same as the data for the 23rd which would be correct for that date, not the last 3 days.
[attachment=11561]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR wont load daily results
I tried rebuilding data. This caused me to lose all Cpap data that was originally migrated to OSCAR.
At this point, I guess I will uninstall OSCAR and start over.

EDIT: Uninstalled OSCAR and reinstalled, but this time there was no “offer” to migrate SH data. So no data shows up in OSCAR.
I’m not too concerned about this as the data is still on SleepyHead. But would like to find a way going forward to import my data into OSCAR.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR [unable to import data after original migration of SH data]
Hi Rose

I don't know the cause of your problem - I'll let people more adept at programming sort that out.

To get your data from SleepyHead into Oscar (raw machine data only) see the very last section of the Oscar installation guide here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation Look for 2 Copy your data.

Note that this uses the same internal import process as loading from an SD card, so you might find there's an error there as well, but it's worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DB,
I did see those instructions. I’ll try it tomorrow when I get some time.

I still would like to figure out why OSCAR won’t let me import new data, but yet SleepyHead will.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
OpalRose Wrote:I still would like to figure out why OSCAR won’t let me import new data, but yet SleepyHead will.

I'd like to know that too, but it's a mystery to me. You're not the only person to report this issue, so there must be a bug somewhere. No doubt Phil and the others will soon have it sorted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Migration of SH data after several uninstalls of OSCAR resolved.
Ok, I uninstalled OSCAR again, then searched “my documents”, where I found some OSCAR data files still there.  Apparently, when you uninstall a program, it does not automatically remove all files.  
So I deleted any left over OSCAR files.

Reinstalled OSCAR, and this time it gave me the choice to migrate SH data.  The leftover files may or may not have been the reason for no choice to migrate data, but I’ll call that a win for now.

NOTE:
Still unable to import “new” daily data to OSCAR, although I was able to import the new daily data to SH without issue.   Sad

Not sure what to look for or what the problem might be.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Observation: I am noticing that Philips machines seem to be the bulk, if not all, of the reported problems in this area.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that too. Thinking-about
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you happen to save the Beta 9 version? If so, did you try it to see if it exhibits the same anomaly?

Edit: I checked my files and I seem to only have Beta 8. Let me know if you wish to try this version.

I started using a "git pull" command that overwrites superseded files after Beta 8. This has taught me a lesson, to archive prior versions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2019, 08:52 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Migration of SH data after several uninstalls of OSCAR resolved.
Ok, I uninstalled OSCAR again, then searched “my documents”, where I found some OSCAR data files still there.  Apparently, when you uninstall a program, it does not automatically remove all files.  
So I deleted any left over OSCAR files. 

Reinstalled OSCAR, and this time it gave me the choice to migrate SH data.  The leftover files may or may not have been the reason for no choice to migrate data, but I’ll call that a win for now.

NOTE:
Still unable to import “new” daily data to OSCAR, although I was able to import the new daily data to SH without issue.   Sad 

Not sure what to look for or what the problem might be.
I alway use Geek Uninstaller to remove uninstall programs and automatically remove remnants of reg keys, files and folders.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 41 10 hours ago
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 37 Today, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,254 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,545 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 7 133 03-13-2024, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Snackers
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,069 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 109 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.