Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR updated version (Bonjour)
RE: OSCAR updated version (Bonjour)
While OSCAR actually reads the data from my Devilbiss DV64 machine it seems to end up as gibberish and nothing like what the machine is telling my phone via bluetooth.
Is the Devilbiss data able to be understood by OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on our experience with the ResMed and P-R machines, the Devillbiss loader probably needs a fair bit of work.

I haven't checked recently, but I don't think we have a lot of DV64 datasets, and there doesn't seem to be any Clinical reporting software to compare against. We need to have those reports for the datasets that we do have.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The lowest stages is REM?
Post Reply Post Reply
2 (-2 on OSCAR currently) is REM.

4 (-4) is deep sleep.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour, Bonjour.  (bet this ain't the first time you've suffered that not-very-witty-cism)

I was instigator of the record layout thread, but mention of the in-progress 1.1.1 makes this possibly a more relevant topic for a couple comments.

1. If in Daily View I print the report to a PDF file, there are two Flow Rate charts; one that 'matches' the other charts, and one with the same timeline, data-wise, but that is scaled to the entire length of the chart area. Is there a particular reason for showing that data on two scales? The only other chart that does not share the 'normal' timeline is "Time at Pressure" (and I won't pretend I understand that 3-to-25 scale, but at least there is only one TaP chart ;-)  

2.  With 1.1.0, when I insert my SD card and select CPAP Importer, after the the download/import is complete (and message displayed), I then also get an "already up to date" message -- perhaps a loop issue.  No big deal -- no effect on reports. Only mentioning it because presumably it's unintended.  

3. Per request by sawinglogz in the other thread I had submitted a couple of pdf files, and I think data files, toward assisting debug of an error msg I was frequently receiving when importing Viatom data (that my Viatom device had generated data OSCAR had not seen before; but immediately after the message the data is successfully imported). 
     I just saved a couple additional, recent, Viatom data files that generated the error msg, and can submit them if the issue is not already an ex-issue. I think the 'offending' data may be cases in which the CPAP data begins after midnight, but the oximeter (Viatom) data had begun before midnight. I'm not sure whether it's necessary, or part of the 'old' instructions, but I wait to import Viatom data until I have already imported the CPAP data. So perhaps date/time was creating a 'momentary conundrum', since the imports ARE successful after the msg. Just a WAG . . .

Regardless . . . Happy Memorial Day       Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
1. Note the label above each "Flow Rate" graph. If you've zoomed in on a portion of the day, you'll get both the entire day's flow waveform and the current selection. (If you're not zoomed in, you just get the one graph.)

2. Haven't seen that one before. Do you have two CPAP cards inserted? For what machine does it say it's already up to date?

3. I think this is an ex-issue, unrelated to timestamps. If you want to test out the betas for 1.1.1, Bonjour can add you to the beta tester list.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried installing and running OSCAR v1.0.1-r-1 on my Debian Linux / KDE laptop and was encountering problems...   Sad 

I found the OSCAR support area, and would have asked for advice on my issues, but instead saw there is a new release, which I feel I should install first to see if it fixes my problems, and if it doesn't so I can at least be asking for support on the latest version...

The Download page section for Linux says I should remove the existing versions, and to see the install page in the wiki for instructions - 
I followed the instructions in the Linux install and got the following:  (note - edited to remove user / machine ID, replaced w/ "xxx" as needed)

Code:
debian:/home/comgrp/Downloads/sleep$ dpkg -l | grep -i oscar
iFR oscar                                         1.0.1-r1                                     amd64        Open Sourece CPAP Analysis Reporter
debian:/home/comgrp/Downloads/sleep$ sudo dpkg --purge oscar
[sudo] password for xxxxx:
dpkg: error processing package oscar (--purge):
 package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal
Errors were encountered while processing:
 oscar
I tried doing a re-install as suggested, and got:

Code:
debian:/home/comgrp/Downloads/sleep$ ls

oscar_1.0.1-r1_Debian9_amd64.deb 
 oscar_1.1.0-Debian9_amd64.deb  

debian:/home/comgrp/Downloads/sleep$ sudo dpkg -i oscar_1.0.1-r1_Debian9_amd64.deb
Selecting previously unselected package oscar.
(Reading database ... 282076 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack oscar_1.0.1-r1_Debian9_amd64.deb ...
rm: cannot remove '/home/xxx/Desktop/OSCAR.desktop': No such file or directory
dpkg: warning: old oscar package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
dpkg: trying script from the new package instead ...
mv: cannot stat '/opt/OSCAR': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/usr/bin/OSCAR': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/home/xxx/Desktop/OSCAR.desktop': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing archive oscar_1.0.1-r1_Debian9_amd64.deb (--install):
 new oscar package pre-removal script subprocess returned error exit status 1
chown: cannot access '/home/xxx/Desktop/OSCAR.desktop': Not a directory
chmod: cannot access '/home/xxx/Desktop/OSCAR.desktop': Not a directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 installed oscar package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Followed by the same errors when trying the removal again...

I had attempted the original install w/ gdebi, and it had not done nicely -

Code:
debian:/home/comgrp/Downloads/sleep$ sudo gdebi oscar_1.0.1-r1_Debian9_amd64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree        
Reading state information... Done

Open Sourece CPAP Analysis Reporter
Do you want to install the software package? [y/N]:y
/usr/bin/gdebi:113: FutureWarning: Possible nested set at position 1
  c = findall("[[(](\S+)/\S+[])]", msg)[0].lower()
(Reading database ... 282026 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack oscar_1.0.1-r1_Debian9_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking oscar (1.0.1-r1) ...
Setting up oscar (1.0.1-r1) ...
chown: cannot access '/home/xxx/Desktop/OSCAR.desktop': Not a directory
chmod: cannot access '/home/xxx/Desktop/OSCAR.desktop': Not a directory
dpkg: error processing package oscar (--install):
 installed oscar package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
 oscar

Suggestions????

I am guessing I need to go in and manually remove all the relevant files, but finding them???[/code]

Thanks,
ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sawinglogz:      re: double Flow Rate chart in PDF, I am not 'zoomed-in' to a part of a daily chart.  Perhaps it is related to having imported oximeter data with a longer timeline than the CPAP data? Example: oximeter activated at 11:30 pm; CPAP mask donned at 12:30 AM. After importing oximeter data, all CPAP charts display a 'gap' at the front, since the charts' timelines begin and end per (in my case) the longer oximeter device timeline.
    Just to be clear, after doing a quick experiment:  if I open a Daily View for a date before I began including oximeter data, I just get one Flow Rate chart if I print to PDF. If I pick a date with oximeter data, I get two Flow Rate charts in the PDF -- for the exact same period (=the entirety of the CPAP session). They are just visually slightly different because the second has been stretched to fit the chart area.
    To gather data for non-sleep oxygenation issues I have been activating oximeter measurement before beginning CPAP therapy, and ending CPAP before quitting the oximeter. Tonight I'll make a point of waiting until after beginning CPAP therapy to activate my wrist oximeter; and stop the oximeter before ending the CPAP session. I suspect there will be just one Flow Rate in that PDF.

This is an ultra-trivial issue, that I only mentioned because I sent a copy of the PDF to a care provider to assist discussion of my oxygenation beyond 'just' sleep apnea, and the dual Flow Rate charts were a little distracting. If I had realized how easily the charts can be rearranged I would have just moved the Flow Rate chart to the bottom before creating the PDF.

re: the "Already up to date" message that follows importing data from the SD card of my DreamStation, I have only one device and only the one SD card (and only one slot). The message appears immediately after the 'success' msg, and is on the screen for less than 2 seconds so I don't have message details. Unless you can direct me to a log where that message might have been recorded, I will try to time a screen capture of the message during future imports. 

Thanks -- Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
The status - the first time you used 'dpkg -i | grep oscar' showed "iFR" as the first three characters, so it is half installed and needs re-installation...
But you want to remove it anyway, and looking at the dpkg man page, you have an option to use:

A package marked reinstreq is broken and requires reinstallation. These packages cannot be removed, unless forced with option --force-remove-reinstreq.

the way to do that is 'sudo dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq -r oscar'

That should clean it up, so that doing 'dpkg -l | grep oscar' returns a blank line.

If you don't get a blank line, please come back and report what did get before you try to instal the new version.

Once you have done that you should use 'sudo apt install ./oscar_1.1.0-whatever.deb' and that oscar to /usr/bin/OSCAR with Html and Translation folders in /usr/share/OSCAR. (Whatever will be your either Debian9 or Ubuntu1804 and amd64, depending on your distribution.)
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks Bonjour, I followed your instructions and everything seemed to work fine except for possibly a sandbox problem at the very end (see last couple lines below)

However I am having the same use problem that I had with the previous version, described after the code block...

Code:
debian:~$ sudo dpkg --force-remove-reinstreq -r oscar
[sudo] password for xxx:
(Reading database ... 282075 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing oscar (1.0.1-r1) ...
debian:~$ dpkg -l | grep oscar
debian:~$ cd Downloads
debian:~/Downloads$ cd sleep/
debian:~/Downloads/sleep$ ls
 FlashPAP_v1.3.1.zip               
 oscar_1.1.0-Debian9_amd64.deb    
debian:~/Downloads/sleep$ sudo apt install ./oscar_1.1.0-Debian9_amd64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Note, selecting 'oscar' instead of './oscar_1.1.0-Debian9_amd64.deb'
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  libfontawesomefx-java libgeronimo-validation-1.0-spec-java libgettext-commons-java libhibernate-validator-java
  libimgscalr-java libjackson2-core-java libjackson2-jr-java libjboss-logging-java libmetadata-extractor-java
  libmicrodns0 libopenjfx-java libopenjfx-jni libsambox-java libsejda-eventstudio-java libsejda-injector-java
  libsejda-io-java libsejda-java libtwelvemonkeys-java libxmpcore-java linux-image-4.19.0-5-amd64
  linux-image-4.19.0-6-amd64 linux-image-4.19.0-7-amd64 openjfx openjfx-source
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  oscar
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B/4,778 kB of archives.
After this operation, 10.3 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 /home/comgrp/Downloads/sleep/oscar_1.1.0-Debian9_amd64.deb oscar amd64 1.1.0-1 [4,778 kB]
(Reading database ... 282026 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../oscar_1.1.0-Debian9_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking oscar (1.1.0-1) ...
Setting up oscar (1.1.0-1) ...
test the version of qt5 core version
distribution : debian
grep: libqt5webenginecore5: No such file or directory
grep: libqt5webenginecore5: No such file or directory
QT5_core  = 'libqt5core5a
libqt5webenginecore5'
Major ver =
Minor ver =
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.62) ...
N: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file '/home/comgrp/Downloads/sleep/oscar_1.1.0-Debian9_amd64.deb' couldn't be accessed by user '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)
atorrey@ART-T540P-debian:~/Downloads/sleep$ dpkg -l | grep oscar
ii  oscar                                         1.1.0-1                                      amd64        Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter

Oscar starts and displays fine.  After doing the new install it rebuilt the profile and data the first time I started.  However I am having a constant 'partial hang' issue where I can switch between pages when the program starts, but as soon as I *DO* anything I am locked into that page and none of the menu bar items pull down, and none of the page change buttons work...  I can still scroll up and down in that page, and can zoom in and out on the 'Daily' page, but I can't get it to go to another day or do much else... 

I am running a recently updated version of Debian GNU/Linux 10 (the current Stable) on a Lenovo T540P laptop, Intel I5 CPU.  My window manager is KDE, so there should be no problems running QT based software like OSCAR...

Do you have any suggestions or a need for more information?

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Version 1.5.2 Problems flipmike 10 376 04-02-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: flipmike
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 251 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 245 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 397 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,294 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,990 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 534 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.