Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR updated version (Bonjour)
RE: OSCAR updated version (Bonjour)
(05-27-2020, 09:55 PM)jtmAZ Wrote: I just dropped 4 PDF files. All are Daily Reports.  The two with "5-25" in the filename are from a session with a longer oximeter timeline than the CPAP timeline; the "Pre-" file was generated before importing/integrating oximeter data for that session, and the "Post-" PDF file was generated after importing the oximeter data. You will see the resulting dual Flow Rate charts in "Post-Oxy-5-25-2020.pdf". (I've moved Flow Rate to the bottom)

Thank you for the PDFs. I think this is functioning as intended, if slightly counterintuitively:

The "current selection" waveform is shown whenever the data being charted is significantly different than the "entire day's flow waveform." In most cases that's because you've zoomed in on a portion of the night.

But it's also the correct behavior when the flow data is shorter than the entire night being charted:

If you compare your "current selection" flow graph to all of the other charts on your report, you'll find the X axis (time) scales are the same, so you can see where respiratory and SpO2 events line up with your flow graph. The "entire day's flow waveform" zooms in to show only the interval with flow data.

Normally this pair of graphs is at the top of the report (just below flags), so this is visually less confusing. Did you reorder your graphs?

There could be an argument for dropping the "entire day's flow waveform" in this instance. What do you think?
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy, Sawinglogz...  Would have replied sooner but I was mired in household stuff, and then wanted to create a few more reports before offering an opinion.

First, yes-- I re-ordered the charts, moving Flow Rate to the bottom.

Regarding " dropping entire day's flow waveform" (presumably just when s CPAP data 'selection' exists only by virtue of oximeter data extending the timeline for the day):  I can't see any benefit to displaying two charts when the two charts cover the exact same period.
Post Reply Post Reply
(just did the premature Post thing again. Damn.)

Repeating, I can't see a benefit to two charts of the same period-- but the simplest solution might be to just re-title the "Entire Day's Flow Waveform" chart.  Maybe to "Entire CPAP Session Flow Waveform"? 

Keeping in mind that when only a part of the CPAP session has been selected, that aside from the Event Flags chart only the Flow Rate chart is generated (print/pdf-wise) for both the selection and the Entire Day. Which makes me wonder why, even before oximeter data was incorporated, the Entire Day Flow Rate chart was included. Perhaps someone with a medical background might explain the value of having that one chart treated differently.
    Because only the Flow has two charts, I can't envision creating a report based on just a subset of the CPAP session without attaching it to a report for the entire day (in which case, adding the Entire Flow to a subset report is just redundant) . But that opinion may be more indicative of my limited experience with OSCAR than actually useful. ;-)

regards-- Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2020, 05:43 PM)jtmAZ Wrote: Regarding " dropping entire day's flow waveform" (presumably just when s CPAP data 'selection' exists only by virtue of oximeter data extending the timeline for the day):  I can't see any benefit to displaying two charts when the two charts cover the exact same period.

They don't cover the exact same period. One covers just the CPAP session, the other covers the entire night (including oximetry) and corresponds to the time scale of all other charts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but I can't use the program on my main computer due to having a very large, high resolution display. Any plans to offer some support for that?
Post Reply Post Reply
Try holding the shift key down when you start OSCAR, if that works you will not have to do it again.

Is that with v1.1.1? (released tonight) or 1.1.0
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2020, 10:41 PM)thed00d Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but I can't use the program on my main computer due to having a very large, high resolution display.  Any plans to offer some support for that?

Please see the section on "OSCAR Graphics Problems" in the OSCAR Troubleshooting wiki.  This section describes how to adjust the program properties for use on a high DPI screen on Windows.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2020, 09:34 PM)sawinglogz Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 05:43 PM)jtmAZ Wrote: Regarding " dropping entire day's flow waveform" (presumably just when s CPAP data 'selection' exists only by virtue of oximeter data extending the timeline for the day):  I can't see any benefit to displaying two charts when the two charts cover the exact same period.

They don't cover the exact same period. One covers just the CPAP session, the other covers the entire night (including oximetry) and corresponds to the time scale of all other charts.

Hi Sawinglogz.   For the record, I'm totally happy with the status quo, report-wise.  I only offered my previous comments in response to your requesting my opinion regarding including the 2nd Fow Rate chart.  So, again, I'm not campaigning for any change to be made; but your above statement is (I'm cringing) incorrect.
   I used Gooserider's handy suggestion and edited last night's Daily Report PDF to remove some personal info, and have attached it. (BTW, that also allowed me to compress it, since attachment was initially rejected for file-size --thx Gooserider).  

Oximetry began at approx 23:45 and continued until 8:18AM ---total period 8 hrs 33 min.
CPAP began at approx 12:42AM and continued until 8:12 AM ---total period 7 hrs 30 min.

I rearranged the charts just to aid comparison; so the first page of the report shows the Event Flags, the 'dual' Flow Rate charts, and the SpO2 chart.  The Event Flags chart, "Current Selection" Flow Rate chart, and SpO2 chart use a common timeline -- that corresponds to the time period noted above for the Oximetry session.  The "Entire Day's Flow Waverform" chart has a different X-axis, that corresponds to the beginning and end time of just the CPAP session. By being scaled/expanded to fill the same 'chart space' as the other charts is just another reason the data in that chart aligns with no other chart in the report.  When a CPAP session is a subset of an oximeter session timeline, the two Flow Rate charts in a PDF report are dissimilar only visually -- they represent the exact same period with the exact same data.  Note that both charts even declare representing the same Duration (just above each chart, to the left side) -- 07:30:03.

I'm pretty sure this is just a result of the software originally being strictly CPAP-centric not anticipating integrating other data that might extend a session timeline. Without meaning to open yet another can o' worms, when import/integration of oximetry data expands the original (CPAP) timeline, the 'new' timeline is reflected in the "Daily Sidebar" on the left side-- but a PDF report shows, near the top of the report, "MaskTime:" that is only the CPAP session time. Which is not inaccurate, since "Mask" is part of the label. The point being: the 'extended by import' timeline, shown in the sidebar and charts, is not carried into the PDF report header.

Which is just fine with me AS IS. I'm sure there's WAY more important other stuff that needs attention.

Is it Miller time yet?

Attached Files
.pdf   Post-OxyImport-6-2-2020y.pdf (Size: 498.34 KB / Downloads: 23)
Post Reply Post Reply
@jtmAZ, you were right that this was confusing.

This oddity will be fixed in the next release of OSCAR.

The next version will only print the two flow graphs if you've zoomed into a portion of the day. The first graph will be the entire day (including any gaps in CPAP data due to extended oximetry), lining up with the event flags chart. The second graph will be the zoomed in selection, lining up with all the other graphs.

If you haven't zoomed in, you just get the first graph, which lines up with everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure would be nice to get all these problems resolved in the next OCAR update, I'm plagued with the fact that OSCAR no longer provides downloads of CPAP pressure, only expiration pressure.  Does anyone know what the expected date is for the new release?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 366 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,176 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,621 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 499 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 3 1,294 11-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.