Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.2.0 with FlashPaP and Chromebook question
OSCAR v1.2.0 with FlashPaP and Chromebook question
First of all, thanks for all the OSCAR development folks for the new release.

I'm using FlashPaP to fetch my data. With OSCAR v1.2.0 on my chromebook, when I import data, it is reporting this:

Chromebook file system detected, but no removable device found

You must share your SD card with Linux using the ChromeOS Files program

I can click OK and the select directory popup appears, which lets me select my FlashPaP data directory and import is successful. 

Is there a setting that allows OSCAR on chromebook to bypass the warning message dialog and allow import w/o a directory prompt?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR v1.2.0 with FlashPaP and Chromebook question
OSCAR saves the import location for future use, but I don't know if that will bypass the Chromebook check. It hadn't occurred to me that one might use FlashPAP with a Chromebook.
Please let us know what happens the next time you import using FlashPAP. It should be possible to check for the existence of the last import path if there is no removable device found... I could add that in the next release if necessary.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
It does remember the location as shown by the popup pointing to the correct location, but it does complain about the removable device each time.

Using my chromebook to run flashpap works nicely btw.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update. I'll re-arrange the testing and message output to allow for the previous import folder to be on the fixed drive.
That should be in the next release.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
After a couple of weeks of distraction, I have gotten back and re-arranged to code to test for an existing last import path, The message is still the same though, and therefore a little misleading, since it doesn't mention the possibility of copying the SD card to a local Linux file before staring OSCAR. And you will, of course get the warning the first time before you select the local Linux file.

For reference, the warning is
Chromebook file system detected, but no removable device found
You must share your SD card with Linux using the ChromeOS Files program

I am open to suggestions for a better message. - Preferable not much longer than that one. As far as I can tell it would only apply to FlashPAP users, so... idk.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool, thanks for following up. Will you be doing another minor release or will the new bits be incorporated in 1.2.0?
Post Reply Post Reply
There will be a new minor release, but I'm not sure when it will happen. We like to accumulate a bundle of items if nothing is critical.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good to me. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 83 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar question - flow rate graph not showing kkjacks 7 118 03-23-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Oscar Question paulag1955 11 923 11-19-2023, 01:37 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,237 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  What version of Linux for my Chromebook? bluetangle127 1 435 10-26-2023, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,966 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  FlashPAP / OSCAR Initial Setup - Setup Instructions Wizard99 4 1,136 06-08-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Wizard99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.