Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread]
RE: OSCAR v1.3.0 is released
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. 

The incorrect VS2 sensing isn’t just a data problem. Although I don’t have access to Respironics’ proprietary algorithms, it appears that the machine increases pressures in response to VS2 events, just as it does with apneas. When the machine is sensing incorrectly, it bumps the pressures around. This happened to me, making the mask leak and the experience so miserable that I considered abandoning CPAP — until I figured out what was wrong and my doc switched me from auto-titration to a fixed pressure.

Over half of CPAP users abandon CPAP. This machine problem may be one reason for that. Providers aren’t aware of the problem and so they don’t look for it in uploads. I’m a retired physician and I’m writing up a “case report” of my experience, hoping to publish it in a medical journal to draw attention to the problem. I want to include a graph that shows my VS index, as it abruptly rises when the machine starts sensing incorrectly and then drops again when I get a replacement machine. 

And I’m very intrigued by your statement that there are a lot of reports of this problem on Apnea Board. I’m a new user of the website, so if you’re able to help me find those reports, including mention of them in our manuscript would definitely strengthen it.

Thanks again!
The act of the hose ribs dragging across the edge of the nightstand will be recorded in the VS2 channel.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(12-22-2021, 11:36 AM)Dr.Bob Wrote: I want to include a graph that shows my VS index, as it abruptly rises when the machine starts sensing incorrectly and then drops again when I get a replacement machine. 

I checked, and I think if you export details you'll get the data you're looking for:

File > Export Data > CSV Export Wizard

then pick a date range, and select "Details" for the resolution. Rows with "VSnore2" in the Event column appear to have the count for that 2-minute interval in the Data/Duration column.

I'll take a look later tonight for the various threads about VS2.
Thanks. That seems to be one cause of erroneous VS2 reports, but not the only cause.
To Gideon and the whole OSCAR Development Team -- a huge THANK YOU for adding Viatom O2Ring multi-file import!!! Importing the data files one at a time was a huge pain in the keister. Now, with one click, I can import a months worth of data. That is a HUGE time save for me.

When I saw that on the list of improvements and changes, I was ecstatic. It was simple to figure out using the normal shift-click to select a range of multiple files to import.

Thanks again! Great work.
(10-18-2021, 01:50 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Just about any SD card reader you find on Amazon should work.  I have a Ugreen multi card reader and it has a 12" long USB cable on it.
Just make sure you are getting the USB Connector that matches what your computer has (USB-A or USB-C).

That's the SD card reader I have been using for more than one year and everything was OK until I installed OSCAR 1.4.0 version
(02-07-2023, 09:32 AM)neycastro Wrote: That's the SD card reader I have been using for more than one year and everything was OK until I installed OSCAR 1.4.0 version

Hi neycastro,

Thanks for posting.  This thread about OSCAR 1.3.0 is now closed.  The newest OSCAR version is OSCAR 1.4.0, and if you have an issue with OSCAR 1.4.0, please start a new thread in this Software Support Forum so your post can get the attention it deserves.

Thanks.

~ Thread closed to new replies ~
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 217 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,826 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,685 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.4.0 is released GuyScharf 76 15,349 08-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 4,175 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 5,127 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,234 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.