Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread]
RE: OSCAR v1.3.0 is released
I downloaded the update to my MacBook Air with no difficulty, but it only uploaded data from October 9 forward. How can I get the data back to September? This is a truly awesome public service!! I appreciate it so much.
First, look at the data on your SD card.  Make sure that you have directories, under the Datalog folder, that have September dates as their name.  A name for September 15th would look like, 20210915.   If they exist, then check under File > Preferences > Import to see if the "Do not import sessions older than" is checked.  If it is, uncheck it.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(10-29-2021, 09:26 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: First, look at the data on your SD card.  Make sure that you have directories, under the Datalog folder, that have September dates as their name.  A name for September 15th would look like, 20210915.   If they exist, then check under File > Preferences > Import to see if the "Do not import sessions older than" is checked.  If it is, uncheck it.

Thank you for responding. There are no September directories. Only October. This must be dumb user error. I went back to see when I posted my first Oscar chart and it was October 9. So despite the fact that I had downloaded it in September, I must not have inserted an SD card or whatever until later. So please ignore this.

Update: being new to Oscar I did not realize that when I put the sd card in, obviously on 10/9, it picked up summary data from the machine from the past that appeared on a graph making me think there was more data there.
Do you make a backup of your SD data to your PC? SD cards can, and do, go bad in a heartbeat. For this reason we strongly suggest that you create a dedicated directory and backup the SD card to this directory. The A10 series only retains detailed data for 30 days, and summary data for 365 days. By backing up the card to your PC, you can preserve the detailed data indefinably.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I have not done that, but I will. Thank you.
As long as you've downloaded OSCAR v1.3.0 you won't get in trouble.... Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Done and using it every day. I am even starting to understand it.  From what I see on my flow rates I should be dead! Lol
Hi All,
      I'm a long time CPAP User, and have been using CPAP software user almost as long.  I want to rave about OSCAR, and sincerely thank the developers for greatly improving this tool with Vers 1.3. 
      I always found  OSCAR useful, but for me there was a bug in previous versions.  I was never able to get the software to accept additional data for a day that I already downloaded partial information.  For example, it sometimes happens that I wake up 4 or 5 am from a less than great sleep.  I want to  download my data for a clue about what awakened me so early.  I do so knowing that I'll be going back to bed an hour or so later, and nap for another hour or two.  My previous OSCAR versions rejected that new data, even though it is part of the previous 24 hour (noon-to-noon) "day."   I'm very happy to say this version accepts the added data and hanclles it perfectly, showing two sleep sessions separated by  a time gap, all in the same day.                 
      What I do may be unusual, but fixing it mades this good software even more useful and friendly for me.   To me it's a confidence inspiring that this detail is handled right.

To anyone intersted in trying CPAP software, I higly recommend OSCAR Version 1.3.  My only reservation has nothing to do with the software, but the fact that I've used it only a few days. 

Thanks again to those who worked on developing this no-cost software

P.S.I use a Dell I7 computer with Windows 10 OS, (which I'm sure is a lot of overkill).

JerryG
I have a question about VS2 on a Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP machine. I came across an explanation of VS and VS2 (as 2 measures of snoring) from 2017 in a DME-owned forum . (Unfortunately, as a new forum member, I'm not allowed to post a link.) It gave me a helpful explanation of the complexities. I'm going to assume that whoever can answer this question is familiar with the material in that post.

Bottom line: VS2 in OSCAR corresponds to snoring events (VS) in Encore. However, the older version of OSCAR I had (v 1.0.1-r-1) reported VS2 index as (the number of two-minute periods during which there was at least one snore detected) / (machine run time). When I compared this to Encore reports, OSCAR numbers were lower, because Encore calculates (sum of the numbers associated with the 2-minute periods) / (machine run time).

The good news is that OSCAR v1.3.0 corrects that. Now, the VS2 index values reported in the box with AHI, etc., are very close to the Encore numbers. But here's the problem: I want to create a graph of VS2 index values over many months of data. When I use the export function, it gives me the raw number of 2-minute intervals during which there was at least one VS2 event, but it doesn't give me the other info I'd need to calculate VS2 index. Am I missing something? Is there some other way to create my graph?

Thanks!!!
Wow, that’s quite a detailed first post! I’m glad you’ve noticed my efforts in improving the accuracy of the PRS1 import. Smile

I’ll take a look at the code and see what I can find.

Did you find that graph useful? If so, what insights do you find it provides? We’ve had a lot of reports of spurious VS2 numbers generated by machines, sometimes due to external vibrations, sometimes due to restricted air inlets or filters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 217 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,824 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,675 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.4.0 is released GuyScharf 76 15,347 08-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  Another OSCAR cannot find data thread - with a twist. Cuppa 63 4,174 03-02-2023, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Cuppa
  OSCAR v1.3.1 is released GuyScharf 25 5,124 06-11-2022, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Eztimes97
  Looking for DreamStation 2 samples using 12mm heated tube [thread closed] sawinglogz 6 1,234 01-14-2022, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.