Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.3.1 is released
OSCAR v1.3.1 is released
OSCAR v1.3.1 is released

This is a minor release of OSCAR. We do recommend updating, especially if using ResMed or Fisher & Paykel CPAP machines where improvements have been made since the last release.

OSCAR, the Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter
~ Official Download Page https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/  ~

Portions of OSCAR are © 2019-2022 by The OSCAR Team

Changes and fixes in OSCAR 1.3.1 include:
  • [new] Additional Philips Respironics devices tested and fully supported:
    • REMstar Plus (System One 60 Series) (261P) provides only limited information
    • REMstar Pro (System One 60 Series) (460PBT)
    • DreamStation CPAP Pro with Auto-Trial (401X150)
  • [new] Choose AS11 data instead of AS10 data if both are present on the SD card.
  • [new] Add support for new settings codes in recently manufactured 700X110 DreamStations.
  • [new] Add 95% flow limitation to Therapy Efficacy section on Statistics page.
  • [new] Add date range option to Statistics page.
  • [new] Improve appearance and operation of event type and graph comboboxes at bottom of Daily and Overview pages.
  • [new] Skip first 20 seconds of TiVol, RR, and MinVent in ResMed loader.
  • [new] Add ResMed 39423 Canadian Autoset to tested list.
  • [new] Show channel description when hovering over index name on Daily page.
  • [new] Add full support for Wellue CheckMe O2 Max.
  • [fix] Fix pressure values for AutoForHer mode on AS1x.
  • [fix] Fix missing oximetry and motion waveforms on Overview pages.
  • [fix] Fix rare problem of minimum pressure shown as zero on Overview and Statistics pages.
  • [fix] Update Statistics page after editing profile.
  • [fix] Correct selection of CPAP and AutoForHer modes for ResMed AS11 modes.
  • [fix] Skip first 10 seconds of pressure data for ResMed grapths and statistics.
  • [fix] Correct SleepStyle machines sometimes identified as Icon machines.
  • [fix] Improve event flag position in flow graph for DV6 machines.
  • [fix] --datadir option now allows fully qualified paths on Mac and Linux.
  • [fix] Correct value display on exact data points, and near session boundaries with drift.
  • [fix] Link to translations in Credits and Release Notes html is now translated to selected language.
  • [fix] Continue to import DreamStation 1 data even if there is (unsupported) DreamStation 2 data on the SD card.
  • [fix] Automatic Oximetry Cleanup no longer drops samples or supplemental oximeter channels such as movement.
  • [fix] Replace BRICK! message with better wording.
  • [fix] Add footer to first page of printed Statistics report.
  • [fix] Work around a Qt bug on Fedora 35 that caused hangs when selecting files.
  • [fix] Update copyright notices in html files.
For a list of all Release Notes in OSCAR click on Help / About OSCAR / Release Notes

Many of the changes that have occurred have resulted from input from you, the users of OSCAR. Keep them coming in.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
RE: OSCAR v1.3.1 is released
Installed this morning and working great.  The skipping a few seconds of Resmed data, adding 95% FL to statistics, improved AS11 mode support, correct value display near session boundaries,  and correcting the Min=0 issue on overview graphs were of particular benefit to me personally and all very appreciated.

A huge THANK YOU to the talented and ALL VOLUNTEER development team for continuing to maintain and improve Oscar! 

Thanks
Awesome thanks

I have been using the github AUR version on Arch.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Long time CPAP (13 years compliant) (now APAP ResMed S11 for about a month or so now) wearer.  Finally put an SD card in my new S11 at the beginning of this month.  Just downloaded the new Oscar and everything works great.  Dont know what I'm really looking at yet, but I do know the nights I have problematic sleep the Oscar graphs are all over the place - so it's noticing those troubled nights too.

I've always loved wearing my CPCP now APAP, although the S11 took a little adjusting to get used to.  My at hospital sleep study lowered my longtime pressure pretty significantly and my 1st night with the new S11 was horrible.  Of course being an Engineer, I found this place and changed my AutoPAP range and everything was great.

I am still amazed after all this time the single greatest contributor to success with correcting apnea with a machine is finding the correct mask.  The new N30i that came with my new machine is TERRIBLE compared to my older style respironics nasal pillow (both are very, very similar but the n30i made me feel like I couldnt exhale enough volume.  A simple swith back to one of my stockpiled masks and all was OK in sleepland.

Wanted to thank the Team here for providing such a valuable resource.  User clinician manuals, Oscar availability and a very knowledgable group of Admins and in fact users make this a great place.  I was able to remotely coach my brother through his clinician setting on his apparatus (He uses an S10 full face mask), to achieve the PROPER pressures C-flex/EPR pressures, humidity levels etc. over the course of a few days and he says it's a night and day difference.  He was amazed that the sleep techs didnt go over the stuff with him like I did.  He's been suffering and fighting with his equipment for YEARS and I was able to get him straightened out in 2 days with this sites info.  He praises me literally every day and says he now easily sleeps through the night and doesn't have to "fight" his stuff.

I'll need to run another month of Data through Oscar before I ask for some interpretations from screen shots.  The "My AIR" app on my phone gives me limited data and rates a nights sleep from 0-100 and I continually score in the high 90's but I want to see what Oscars real data says in a few weeks.

New member here too and have referred alot of people here.  Great site!!!
Hi Zoomer302!  -  Welcome

We're glad you found us.   So we can best help you, please look at the links in my signature. They will help with learning OSCAR and how to present its charts here.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
In case anyone is interested: I made a Flatpak for OSCAR (it's on flathub already), AppImage (working on it), and openSUSE and Fedora builds at SUSE's Open Build Service (OBS).

See this issue at the OSCAR gitlab for details: https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code/-/issues/50
(change the X to S, I cannot post links)

Would anyone be interested in a Debian or Arch build as well? OBS can package for those too.

Admin Edit:  enabled URL link above
Discussion of running OSCAR on an ARM Chromebook has been moved to http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Chromebook in the Software Support forum.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Please clarify a few matters with OSCAR 131 on a MacBookPro:

If one inserts their SD card in a laptop using OSCAR at intervals of say once a month, does a new user have to be made each time? Or if their is just one user will the new data be simply added on to form one continuous record with all the old and interval dates represented?

If a new user is formed, will OSCAR import ALL the data from the card, or only the data since the last import?
You use the same profile each time you need to add data. If you are the only user, the File → Preferences section has a checkbox that, by default, is set to automatically load the last profile used. Please review the links in my signature for more information.

OSCAR will import any data that it currently doesn't have.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Is dreamstation 2 one of the PR machines included in this release?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bleep Eclipse Magnets--Will the Eclipse Be Released Steptoe 1 1,066 09-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released Gideon 0 5,783 10-17-2021, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [News] ResMed AirFit N30i RELEASED srlevine1 10 2,584 07-16-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup NOTICE: OSCAR v 1.2.0 is Released 10/14/2020 Gideon 29 4,876 10-31-2020, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  5 years ago ResMed released AirCurve 10...what now? Matt00926 15 3,242 02-19-2020, 07:27 AM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv
  OSCAR is Released and Live Gideon 81 11,691 05-27-2019, 12:48 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Dreamstation Go Humidifier Released nbarday 2 1,614 03-07-2019, 01:57 AM
Last Post: nbarday

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.