Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR v1.3.1 is released
RE: Support for Breas Z2 machines
(05-23-2022, 10:43 AM)forrdo4 Wrote: Is there any plan for Oscar to support Breas machines - specifically the Z2 travel CPAP?

Topic where Z1 and Z2 suitability for OSCAR support is addressed.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-software

(10-11-2021, 01:37 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: Short answer: The Z1 and Z2 do not record the detailed data that OSCAR reports to help you manage your therapy. Writing a loader is not easy and we have several other more popular machines that do report detailed data that we would like to support. So we will not be adding Z1 / Z2 support in the near future If a skilled QT / C++ programmer wanted to undertake the task, we certainly would have no objection and would welcome their participation.

Longer answer: How do people use OSCAR to examine their therapy and determine what changes might, or might not, be useful? Key factors are often the exact timing of events and comparisons with breath shapes and pressure. Breath shape alone says a lot about what is going on and what the problems are. To examine breath shape and correlate with events, you have to have high resolution breath flow data (for example, air flow recorded every 40 milliseconds). With that data, you can answer questions like whether an apnea caused an arousal, or whether an arousal caused misreporting of an apnea, with very different things you can do about such events. All of the charts on the OSCAR Daily page are based on such data.

The Z1 and Z2 machines simply do not report the kind of data needed to answer such questions. They do not report breath flow data at all. The highest resolution data seems to be once every 10 minutes with summary data reported every 30 minutes. While such data could be plotted on a graph, perhaps more effectively than HDM DataViewer does, making therapy evaluations based on that data would not be easy or reliable. We try to focus our programming resources on products that are in common use so that OSCAR can be the greatest benefit to the greatest number of people.

We do have plans to re-organize the loader architecture on OSCAR to make adding new loaders easier. That won't happen immediately.

With your permission, I would like to retain your data on file. We do like to keep sample data from the many different machines available for our own education.

Sorry I couldn't give you a more positive answer.
RE: OSCAR v1.3.1 is released
There is some rather limited HDM/Breas Medical software available for the Z1 & Z2 machines, see here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-HDM-Z1-Z2
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

How do I attach OSCAR files to here
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Start a new thread in the Main Forum.

First, you will need to Organize your chart from the daily page according to the instruction in this link.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

After your chart is organized, use the F12 Key to take a Screenshot. Then use the Attachment Feature to post your charts.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Hi ProDriver!  -  Welcome
Please see the link, OSCAR Chart Organization, in my signature for the chart layout and Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board, for image posting procedures.   Please start your own thread to keep your therapy isolated from other member's threads.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I have been using OSCAR for my DreamStation 1 and ResMed 10 & 11 for years without any problems. like I have loaded almost 5 years of data from SD cards with helpful analysis from OSCAR.  

Phillips finally sent me a DreamStation 2 recently after 10 months on the list. I set it up and tested it with a "nap" and OSCAR (1.3.1) uploaded and reported it without any problem. See attachment screen print of just the lower Statistics area showing the new machines included. However when I added a full night's usage OSCAR reported the DreamStation 2 as not supported. I understand a new version is being tested but I thought the team might be interested in my experience and partial acceptance of data.

Best Regards,
Dennis
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will an OSCAR update ever be released? guzzle 3 216 03-07-2024, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR v1.5.1 released Jeff8356 36 6,823 12-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: daz2264
  OSCAR v1.5.0 released Jeff8356 51 5,674 09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.4.0 is released GuyScharf 76 15,347 08-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  OSCAR v1.3.0 is released [old archived thread] Gideon 36 7,589 02-07-2023, 06:58 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.