Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR vs. Norton [resolved, problem was Norton, see post #16]
RE: OSCAR damaged by Norton attn Guy Scharf
Some may remember I have been having problems with my SD card downloading to OSCAR.
Norton UBS scans started "automatically" once I put my card in the USB port.  Initially, it gave the SD card a clean bill of  health. Nonetheless, I turned Norton off and Downloads did OK..... until they stopped for 2 days in a row on 11-29-2021.
By now, I strongly suspected that something was wrong with the SD card.
So I ran the Norton UBS scan...... Well...it ran very, very slow and turned itself suddenly off, as when it encounters a virus...... Said the SD card was corrupted??
So now I want to move my OSCAR Data to  new folder before I try the SD card again....I have four days of data in it but have not dared to download it...... The AirSense 11 and MyAir are fine.
Problem is, when I go to my data folder it has a lot of files, but I haven't found the ones with the Images of the daily OSCAR charts.???
Once I transfer the charts, I will ask OSCAR to download the new charts and see if SD card is fine.
Two points: This is the SD card that came with the AirSense 11 and only after I switched to OSCAR 1.3 did problems occurred.
OSCAR doesn't store the images of the graphs; it recomputes them each time from the data files.

If you want to move OSCAR_Data to another location, just move the entire directory to the new location. When you start OSCAR, it will ask if you want to create the OSCAR_Data folder. Respond No. OSCAR will show a file open dialog. Navigate to where the folder now resides and OSCAR will continue using data from the new location.

The location of OSCAR_Data should have absolutely nothing to do with your SD card. If you suspect your SD card, the thing to do is to get a new card. Any capacity up to 32 GB will work (but not larger than 32 GB).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Thanks, Guy......... Let me summarize, to be sure I won't lose the charts that I already have:
First: Move entire OSCAR directory to new location=OSCAR1.
Second: (Start OSCAR2) = say NO to "create OSCAR_Data folder"....OSCAR will show an open file dialog. Go there to find the new FOLDER.... put in my SD card and run CPAP importer and hopefully Daily View will contain my data from last night and the 2 nights before that......and even the Data from before?
BUT if it is corrupted and destroys the New Folder(OSCAR2).... I can get a fresh SD Card, injected into the AirSense 11 to collect tonight data and tomorrow use OSCAR1 as the destination folder where the old data can be obtained?
In other words, how do I make sure I don't lose the Charts I already have?
It's not the charts you worry about losing, They go away every time you close OSCAR. It is the data, the entire directory structure which is saved in OSCAR1.
If OSCAR2 blows up, the data in OSCAR1 is untouched and as such safe, and thus OSCAR can recreate the charts from that data.
As long as you don't damage the data in our OSCAR_Data directory (or whatever you have named it), you won't lose data.

After you have opened OSCAR with the new data folder (OSCAR2), you can do whatever you would have done in the previous location -- import data etc.

OSCAR retains all imported data, so data you imported before will still be there. When you import from a SD card, OSCAR will import any data it does not already have.

It seems unlikely to me that a failed import would destroy your new folder (OSCAR2). But, if it did, you could certainly go back to your original folder when you got a new SD card.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
The problem with Norton was totally fixed by uninstalling Norton and Installing a different antivirus software. Thanks for letting me know about Norton, everyone!
Larry
RE: OSCAR damaged by Norton [resolved, problem was Norton, see post #16]
Larry, thanks for confirming that the problem was with the Norton anti-virus software.

Since this issue has now been resolved, I'll close the thread for now.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 91 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problem Downloading Oscar 1.5.1 itchy365 5 564 10-17-2023, 11:16 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot select profile in OSCAR [solved, see post #9] GB San Jose 9 1,494 10-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Last Post: GB San Jose
Question Oscar installation problem [solved, see post #4] Bertrand 3 733 09-19-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Bertrand
  Oscar V 1.5 [screen resolution issues - solved, see post #4] Dannobre 15 1,600 09-10-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR - will not open [solved - see post #2] gjstein 4 1,468 08-31-2023, 03:02 AM
Last Post: John7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.