Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Rescan 5.9
Rescan 5.9
Trying to install Resmed 5.9 on Windows.
During the installation when I go to custom and try to de select the drivers, not installing is not an option. The only thing you can choose not to install seems to be Patients examples. Am I missing something? It was suggested not to install drivers
See attached screenshot.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Rescan 5.9
I would suggest you download OSCAR from the top of this site. It is free as is everything on this site. Oscar is a very good program that all - almost, use and post their charts when asking for help. 

Oscar is very easy to use!
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I would prefer to keep using ResScan for now as lately I've been able to send my DME and Dr reports from ResScan since that is the format they prefer.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
If I recall correctly, if you don't touch the Drivers line, it win't install any drivers, in spite of what the tool tip seems to say.

It's been a while since I installed 5.9 or 6.0. I discovered that my Skype password would get me into ResScan 6.0.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I'm remembering correctly, if you simply opt to install the default settings, then later during the installation, a separate window pops up and asks you if you'd like to install any of the 3 proprietary drivers - and it names them specifically, such as:

Quote:1) ResMed S9 USB Adapter (P/C: 36950) or ResMed S8 USB Adapter (P/C: 22203)
2) ResMed's ResScan Data Card Reader (P/C: 22207) or ACR 38U Smart Card Reader
3) ResMed Stellar ventilator machine with direct USB connection

When you reach that point in the installation - that's where you should NOT opt to install any of those 3 drivers.

The screenshot you posted above is simply providing the location(s) for the installation, including drivers (if you later opt to install them).  It will not install the drivers unless you specifically select one of them during the next part of the  installation process.

If you want to make sure, then try to simply install the default options, which I don't think will include those drivers. (don't do a custom install).
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ahh, yes. That second window asking about drivers matches my recollections also.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a suggestion, but I'm pretty sure many doctors would be fine with you bringing along your OSCAR summary report instead of ResScan.  The problem is that they've never seen an OSCAR chart or report, so they have no clue about it.

If I were you, at my next appointment, I'd print up both a ResScan report and an OSCAR report and take them both in with you, and ask the doctor/DME if the OSCAR report would suffice for the future.  My bet is they might go for it after seeing the report.

The problem is they're simply familiar with ResScan, but not familiar with OSCAR and therefore are reluctant to accept those reports.

Part of the "patient empowerment" movement we have here includes educating doctors and DMEs on the value of OSCAR over ResScan.  It starts with the patient showing the medical professional what is actually available in OSCAR.

The more familiar medical professionals become with OSCAR, the more they're likely to see the benefits of using it.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I successfully installed Resscan 5.9 on Windows 10 H20 and copied over my Patients folder from Windows 7. It runs much better on Win10 opening and reviewing data much more quickly than the previous installation. There is still some times where you get the 'Not Responding' warning in the title bar but only for a few seconds now. My card was lost in the mail to the DME so Rescan came in handy and I was able to get my supplies.

I will download OSCAR to try that out as well.

Thanks to all for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 138 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Rescan software v 5.9 SteveC 7 991 09-10-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  RESCAN V7.0 MAULE-N9008E 8 2,657 10-13-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: JT60
  Rescan V7 download issue newmember 1 1,063 07-21-2022, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Rescan Data export for provider OldYamaha 13 1,335 10-08-2021, 06:04 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  OSCAR vs Rescan drmaestro 2 1,864 05-19-2020, 07:56 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  ReScan dizzyliz474 4 1,295 03-20-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: dizzyliz474

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.