Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR Blank window - Mac
OSCAR Blank window - Mac
[attachment=53825]When I start OSCAR on my Mac the main window is blank.  Any idea what would cause this or how to fix?  It has worked in the past but I always used an external monitor.  I'm traveling now and can only use the bult in monitor on my Macbook Pro.   Link to screenshot: https://photos.app.goo.gl/e7uMbvmKVKEcSGpj9
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Blank window - Mac
Hi KATWITCH!  -  Welcome

I'm Mac challenged, but I believe that it might be in OSCAR's configuration file.  I don't know if a Mac has a registry of devices used by an app.  The first thing to try is go into your user folder.  Look under a hidden folder named, ".config". Under this folder is a folder named "OSCAR_Team".   Within this folder, you will see a file named, "OSCAR.conf".  Try changing its name to something like, "OSCAR.bak".  After completing this, try running OSCAR, and it will think that you are running it for the first time and create a new configuration file.  I have listed the command line to used in a terminal window if you prefer to rename the config file this way.

Code:
mv ~/.config/OSCAR_Team/OSCAR.conf  ~/.config/OSCAR_Team/OSCAR.bak

-- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR Blank window - Mac
No registry on macOS.

Those hidden files you are looking for are in your "~/Library".  To find them easily open a Terminal window and copy/paste the following block of code:

Code:
find ~/Library -iname "org.oscar-team.*" -print

You should see output similar to this:
Code:
find ~/Library -iname "org.oscar-team.*" -print
/Users/jeff/Library/Saved Application State/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.savedState
/Users/jeff/Library/Preferences/org.oscar-team.OSCAR.plist

It is safe to delete both of those.  You can use Finder to navigate to those locations (Shift+Command+G) and place the files in the trash.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blank Areas on OSCAR Daily reports ejbpesca 13 1,066 10-15-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Trouble scrolling in a zoomed graph window. morningstar 2 492 09-26-2023, 12:43 PM
Last Post: morningstar
  Not able to open Oscar on a Window 10 machine John70 2 628 06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My OSCAR accout is blank when I put my SD card in SideSleeper 3 685 06-14-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Font too small in statistics window DanEm 2 656 06-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Last Post: DanEm
  Blank flow rate in Oscar pappingit 7 1,015 05-02-2021, 12:58 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  OSCAR: cannot change AHI/hour Time Window PurchanceToDream 12 1,546 01-19-2021, 01:25 AM
Last Post: PurchanceToDream

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.