Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR with 3 machines
OSCAR with 3 machines
Hi All
  I have been using CPAP for more that 20 years with great success. CPAP has made my life better. I recently started using OSCAR and I am learning more about it. I have a question. I use several different machines. One for upstairs, one for downstairs and one to travel with. If I wanted to upload all of the usage data from all of my machines, how would I do that? Each machine has its own SD card. Can I just upload one card after another and will the OSCAR fill in the blanks and make the data read seamless in OSCAR, as if only one machine is being used? Any ideas? Thank you,

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR with 3 machines
This depends on what brand machines you are using.  If all three are Resmed, then you can upload all three cards to one profile, and should work seamlessly.

If they are different brands, then you will need to create different profiles for the machines, which creates different reports.

As you stated, each machine has its own serial number, so you would have to be careful to return the SD cards to the correct machine.

Another thing:  What travel machine are you using?  The AirMini is not supported by OSCAR, but the DS Go is.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This raises some interesting questions. Assuming all three machines are ResMed machines, you could have a single patient profile, and OSCAR will create separate folders for each machine. As long as you only use a single machine on any given sleep day, everything will work - at least I haven't heard of any problems from people who have home and cottage machines. The problems arise if you use one machine for afternoon naps and a different machine for overnight. I'm pretty sure OSCAR won't handle that properly - although I'm not sure just how it will fail. I'm pretty sure mixing machines in a sleep day was not a design consideration!

To keep things straight, you would have to create a 'Napping Profile' for the machine you used during naps. This is not ideal as it opens the possibility of importing to the wrong profile, but I can't think of a better solution. Checking all machine folders to allow merging all data to create a single Daily page raises all sorts of problems fitting everything into a single display.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the kind replies. I should have mentioned that the machines are all Resmed. One Resmed 11, one Resmed 10 and one Resmed 9. I will mark the SD cards and make sure a use the correct card assigned to each machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 582 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Information Resvent iMatrix Software & Firmware Update for iBreeze machines SuperSleeper 1 1,391 10-13-2023, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  How do I import data from multiple machines into a single OSCAR profile? levy76 2 607 07-30-2023, 07:15 PM
Last Post: levy76
  OSCAR with 2 machines, 1 user edfreeman 3 538 04-30-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  Data from Prisma Smart & Soft CPAP machines [no longer needed] GuyScharf 31 6,346 04-29-2023, 07:19 AM
Last Post: dannahaz
  what kind of Lowenstein machines are supported by OSCAR? acerlogic 1 1,142 04-19-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is it possible to have two machines on one Profile? biyahero 5 786 02-13-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: biyahero

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.