Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR won't accept password [resolved, see posts #3 & 4]
OSCAR won't accept password [resolved, see posts #3 & 4]
I can no longer log into OSCAR. When I enter my password, it says "You entered an incorrect password", but this is the same password I always use. Help!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR won't accept password
Mine does NOT have any password? I never have had a password for OSCAR - only the website
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
If you had a password on your profile it is stored in the "Profile.xml" file in the folder associated with your OSCAR profile name.
Typically it would be in /Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/<your-profile-name>/Profile.xml

Quit OSCAR
Using Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Win) navigate to the above folder/directory.
Open Profile.xml with a text editor and look for the entry: <Password type="QString">delete-this part-between-the-two-arrows</Password>
then save the modified Profiles.xml file.

Start OSCAR and it should not prompt you for a password again
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To remove the password:
  • Go to OSCAR_Data\Profiles\YourUserName\Profile.xml.
  • Open it with Wordpad
  • Search for password
  • Change the line to read, <Password type="QString"></Password>
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, this worked. I'd seen this info earlier but wasn't sure I should do it--what appeared between those brackets was not my password, but a random string of numbers. But I just deleted it and it solved my problem.  
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 87 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR Password MaskedOne 2 295 01-16-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Oscar is dividing up time period [likely Auto On/Off function on CPAP, see posts 5&7] guiniviere 13 2,122 09-07-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  unable to import data [resolved, see post #20] kappak 19 1,150 03-10-2023, 09:07 PM
Last Post: kappak
  Oscar password reset Gogirl 7 1,432 02-24-2023, 02:14 PM
Last Post: gree7
  OSCAR crashing on change to or from OVERVIEW tab [solved - see posts 2&3] BruQu 4 672 06-26-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar not reporting correct climate control? [resolved, will be fixed in 1.1.1] allanri 6 1,564 01-16-2022, 12:00 AM
Last Post: midwestguy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.