Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR won't copy to applications
OSCAR won't copy to applications
Hi, I am a new CPAP user and new to the Board.  I have installed OSCAR on my Mac following the instructions posted but it gets stuck when I try to copy it from Downloads to Applications.  Anyone have any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR won't copy to applications
Hi Barbara, welcome to the forum!

I'm guessing you are referring to the wiki instructions? http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Apple_Mac

Are you able to drag the OSCAR.app icon anywhere?  Say Desktop?  Does it give you any warning or anything?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It says starting to copy and never goes any further
Post Reply Post Reply
It almost sounds like something happened to your downloaded file. Maybe it got interrupted during the D/L?
Try starting fresh. Download a fresh copy of OSCAR either from the black ribbon on the top of this page, or by clicking the link in my signature.

Then go thru the usual steps again:
double click the OSCAR.dmg file and the window opens showing OSCAR.app, click/drag to Applications, etc....
See if that works
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
good idea.  i will try that.  thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Barbara.
I see from your other post that you are still having problems.  It is recommended that you keep similar posts in the same thread to keep things together.

First, what version of OSX are you using.  OSCAR is made for MacOSX 10.12 or later.  Click the Apple icon in the top left of your screen and select "About this Mac" and it will show you the Name and Version of your OSX.

A couple of other things to try:
  1. Make sure you have enough disk space.  Click the Apple icon in the top left corner and and select "About this Mac", then click "Storage".  It should list the size of your disk along with how much room you have left.  Oscar is about 16.7MB
  2. Verify that the OSCAR.dmg file is also about 16.7MB
  3. When you click and drag make sure you are not dropping it directly on top of another app.  Change the view in Finder if you need to.
  4. You can also try copy/paste.  Double click the dmg file to open the first window.  Right click on the OSCAR.app and select "Copy OSCAR.app".  Then move to your Applications window in Finder, select a blank spot (whitespace), write click again and select "Paste Item".
Do you have Parental Controls or anything turned on?  Is this a work computer where your company might restrict what you install on it?  Have you noticed your computer doing anything else strange.  Like files disappearing, or unknown apps showing up somewhere?
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
All good points.  I am running Catalina 10.15.2.  When I click on "storage" nothing is shown.  Do you have any idea what the problem could be?  Could it mean I have no space left?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard to say.  Sometimes the "about this Mac" function can take a minute or two to gather all it's data.

You can try using Finder to check your disk space too.  Open Finder and click on "Macintosh HD", it should show you the available disk space along the bottom of the window.  Have you ever seen a warning about "Not enough disk space" when you were trying to do something?
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Request Copy of Resmed Airsense 10 SDCard core files gedm 6 484 12-14-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: gedm
  FlashAir files DATALOG copy in 8x3 format DrNefario 4 623 05-03-2021, 12:13 PM
Last Post: DrNefario
  Import from SleepyHead to OSCAR has unknown data, requests copy for devs bpb21 8 1,333 12-29-2020, 08:44 PM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel Samultra 3 874 09-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Samultra
  copy Oscar data to SD card Eric Kagan 4 1,129 09-27-2019, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Eric Kagan
  Copy settings and preferences when reinstalling Sleepyhead Otil 1 1,011 09-22-2018, 06:36 AM
Last Post: AlanE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.