Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

How-to Section
How-to Section
Is there a "How-to" section of this board? Should we create threads to create "How-to's" for specific devices?  Thinking-about
I know we have product reviews. But this is not close to a review. 

In my case, import of O2 data from Contec CMS50F. I did not find the documentation that great. And the device documentation was microscopic.

So for the Contec CMS50F O2 Data Import I would propose the following:

Contec CMS50F
==========

Direct Transfer
--------------------
Direct transfer is not available for the 50F. As of September 2022, the OSCAR development team has not yet reverse engineered the new version 2 of the USB protocol used by the CMS 50F. I hope this is done soon, because the file steps below are not great. 

File Transfer Overview
--------------------
The Contect software SpO2 Assistant is required to save the data as a file. The file is then imported using the OSCAR Oximetry Wizrd. On the Welcome page choose Oximetry Wizrd and then choose the file option (third in meny with diskette image).
Note: Not sure if it makes any difference but I import CPAP data from SD Card first. Then the O2 data. 

SpO2 Assistant
--------------------
The Contec SpO2 Assistant can be downloaded from http://www.dlsoftw.com/  with index code: 01GS4016. The version documented here was 3.1.0.1

Data Retrieval
--------------------
Note: You will want to turn sound off because the SpO2 Assistant opens in monitoring mode. Maybe the Bluetooth version can do this but with the USB only version, it is an annoyance. Since the USB cable is connected from PC to the 50F, no sensor is connected and therefore it starts Alarm immediately.

Use the supplied USB cord when possible. It is a USB-C, not a standard mini or micro. It is rounded. If you attempt to connect the wrong type of cord, you could damage the device.

Data Retrieval Steps
--------------------
1.     Connect the CMS 50F using only the supplied USB cable and open the SpO2 Assistant.
2.     Menu “File > Device Stored Data
3.     Check the User Index entry.
Optional: You can provide User details with the “User Information” button.
Click button “Receive All Data
4.     The previous step created a SpO2 data file.  Use Menu “File > Query User File
Choose the file just created in the default location.
The graph for the data should now show SpO2 and Pulse readings.
5.     Optional: You can save the data to another location using menu “File > Save As”.
This is the file with name extension of “spO2”.
You can either navigate OSCAR to the default location or the optional location if you saved in this step.
6.     Open OSCAR and on the Welcome page, choose the “Oximetry Wizard”.
Then choose the file option

Reports
--------------------
You can also create a few report formats using Menu “Report”. Use Print to PDF to save.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How-to Section
This is microscopic???  
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_import

We are always looking for more Wiki contributors. Just send an email request to help to apneaboard@gmail.com.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are the requirements and info on how to become a Wiki Editor:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...iki_Editor

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
In case you missed it, the wiki has "How To" pages already!

From the "OSCAR supported machines" wiki there is a section on "Pulse Oximeters".  There you wil find links to both Contec brand oximeters import (which covers both the old and new models) and the Wellue/Viatom brand oximeters import.  Is there some missing from either of them?

A side note: SpO2 Assistant has been updated and is now "Smart Device Assistant".
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys. I somewhat expected that since this forum is so good. 
I was not referring to the Apnea Board Device section as microscopic but the 6 pt font instructions that came on a single page with the device. 
I scanned it and re-sized up but it just becomes blurry. 

SpO2 Assistant and Smart Device Assistant appear to have the same version numbers. Did they just do a re-name?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2022, 06:20 PM)B1Sailor Wrote: SpO2 Assistant and Smart Device Assistant appear to have the same version numbers. Did they just do a re-name?

It seems to have been re-named around the time when the new units started appearing.
Smart Device Assistant (15.7 MiB) is slightly smaller in size than SpO2 Assistant (16.7 MiB).  The older Contec units needed the USB>UART driver which (i think) was included with SpO2 assistant.  The newer Contec units are HID (???) but I'm not sure if there is a driver included in the zip d/l for Smart Device Assistant, and that download link (and index #) are for SDA.     SpO2 Assistant has a different index #.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar [help section] Deweym 1 534 11-13-2021, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  records section on Oscar yankees123 2 600 03-03-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.