Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCR - Open Source CPAP Reviewer
RE: OSCR - Open Source CPAP Reviewer
Unfortunately, I'm not able to offer my developer services to Team OSCAR, as I've never developed that IT skill to even a mediocre novice. Pun not intended. Nevertheless, my sincere best wishes to those that are offering their skills to the project. And may it be a success.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I sure appreciate the hard work of Jedimark and the original development team who created Sleepyhead.

We are all aware of how essential Sleepyhead has been in empowering patients and making support forums like Apnea Board so valuable.

I'm sorry to learn of the disruptions behind the scenes. I will always be grateful to Mark for his efforts.

I wish the OSCR team all the best in continuing to develop and improve the next iterations of software. Having this tool is vital and I thank all who've contributed.

Bill
I'm not sure whether this was posted previously in this thread, but if anyone has an applicable skillset and the desire to help with the development of the OSCR project, and you would like to join the Apnea Software Talk (AST) group, please read this post from the Software Support Forum:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid284766

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I want to revisit the name OSCR briefly. I would propose that the R be an abbreviation for "Reporter" rather than Reviewer. This may not seem like an important change, but the software only reports what the positive pressure machine generates in the data, and I want the software name to at least infer that it is an open source, open platform reporter. If we want to include the reviewer function, I would propose using Analysis, Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter OSCAR. I'm fine with OSCR since the purpose of the software itself is to report the data, not review it. The use of the software in any analysis, interpreation or review is actually at the discretion of the end-user and we do not warrant that the data is anything other than what the machine reports.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Random thoughts...

OSCAR or OSCR are both catchy.

Another option: Open Source Cpap (data) Analysis Tool - OSCAT. If you need to consider a logo consider a cat

I might lead with the topic of the tool "cpap data reviewer"
CPap report (or reviewer) open source analysis tool - CROSAT. Not as nice rolling off the tongue but maybe a better descriptor.
I have to say I like, "OSCAR". If you don't use it, you may be a grouch. . . Where have I heard that before? Thinking-about
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Even though I'm not really a fan of Neil Simon's saccharine crud, I am "of a certain age" so when I hear "Oscar" I can't help thinking "and Felix". Oscar the slob and Felix the neatnik. (Or Jack and Tony from the TV series, if you prefer.) So one thing that occurred to me about OSCR is that eventually there should be a second program, FELX, to go with it. I guess FELX would clean up after OSCR.
I hope that the OSCR working group comes up with a better name for the released software.

Putting "open sourced" in the title is unnecessary and would likely be detrimental towards physicans and others in the medical field accepting it. It is not a "reviewer" and saying it is a reviewer makes the name confusing on its face.

Lastly, "Oscar" as a nickname has no relationship to what this software does.

Sleepyhead was a problematic name for a great piece of software IMO.

This would be a good time to have a name that sounds more official and describes the software better.

Bill
(02-15-2019, 04:56 PM)Spy Car Wrote: I hope that the OSCR working group comes up with a better name for the released software.

Putting "open sourced" in the title is unnecessary and would likely be detrimental towards physicans and others in the medical field accepting it. It is not a "reviewer" and saying it is a reviewer makes the name confusing on its face.

Lastly, "Oscar" as a nickname has no relationship to what this software does.

Sleepyhead was a problematic name for a great piece of software IMO.

This would be a good time to have a name that sounds more official and describes the software better.

Bill

I agree with this.  Something along the lines of Apnea Wizard, Apnea Monitor, CPap reader, Cpap Wizard... you get the idea.  I want to find the software when I do a simple search on how to interpret or track Cpap data.  Digging into some google analytics would be a good start to understand how folks search.
My Wednesday night dinner group has a rule: If you don't like a suggested restaurant, you have to make a new suggestion...

Just sayin'...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  String of open airway events vinegarben 34 3,896 02-16-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 339 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  In Need of Help Analyzing Source of Leaks in Oscar rosebladepat 1 384 10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Can you open your mouth with CPAP and have no mouth leak? THEVGE 4 711 09-11-2023, 06:06 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Source for anataomy illustration of how we breathe nose only for CPAP? Stom 0 300 09-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Stom
  Does one learn not to open mouth with a Nasal mask? BobH56 7 1,254 09-22-2022, 02:38 PM
Last Post: BobH56

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.