Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCR - Open Source CPAP Reviewer
RE: OSCR - Open Source CPAP Reviewer
A new bug found. I started to sleep 01:10 and woke up 3:30. And then I imported data to my computer from sd-card. Then on morning I slept more. About 1 - 2 hours. And again I tried to import data to my computer from sd-card. But Sleepyhead said that there is already data and didn't import the new data to computer. So, I can't see how the morning sleep has gone.
(02-18-2019, 03:10 AM)unidee Wrote: A new bug found. I started to sleep 01:10 and woke up 3:30. And then I imported data to my computer from sd-card. Then on morning I slept more. About 1 - 2 hours. And again I tried to import data to my computer from sd-card. But Sleepyhead said that there is already data and didn't import the new data to computer. So, I can't see how the morning sleep has gone.

You can purge the data for that date and then import again. This is not a bug, it's a feature to prevent overwriting data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Am back with more!  (Uh-oh.)  Here's a name suggestion that's really corny.  Talk about your retconned acronyms ...

CPAP Helper And Respiration Tracking Software

At the moment, a common piece of advice on AB is "Post your Sleepyhead charts."  Well, after this name change, that would become "Post your CHARTS charts."

(Yeah, I agree, it's terrible.  I give it two stars out of five.)

Making it slightly better is left as an exercise for the reader:  For instance, let's make it "CHARTER", because charting is what the program does, so we need to replace "Software" with "E<something> R<something>".

CPAP Helper And Respiration Tracking E??? R???

By the way, be sure to let us know when the name decision has been made, so we can all stop trying to come up with clever acronyms.
Wandering into latin...

SomnoScribe
Somnumberator
SomnusOS
NoxWriter
DormeoGrapher
Soporist
SoporScribe
Chief - its time to lower the cone of silence.

(Now under the cone - Since the program supplies so much more than apnea data and keeping with the KISS principle I think the name should start with Sleep but not babyish like sleepyhead. Perhaps SleepTracker, or something along those lines.)

Carry on...........
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
(02-18-2019, 08:03 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Chief - its time to lower the cone of silence.

(Now under the cone - Since the program supplies so much more than apnea data and keeping with the KISS principle I think the name should start with Sleep but not babyish like sleepyhead.  Perhaps SleepTracker, or something along those lines.)

Carry on...........

Except the program doesn't track "sleep." 

I wish it could, but that's a false premise.

Bill
(02-19-2019, 01:42 AM)Spy Car Wrote: Except the program doesn't track "sleep." 

Yes, and the data on the SD card are often called "sleep data", which seems slightly wrong but again it's one of those cases of "You know what I mean."  (As I remember my sleep study, the techs who were monitoring that didn't get much sleep data from me.  They got hours of insomnia data. OBTW, yeah, I know that those PSG instruments are capable of tracking sleep, thanks to the EEG.)

As long as we're on the subject of misnomers, the computer software doesn't record data.  The machine (or its firmware) records.  The software reports, displays, summarizes, reduces, charts, plots, and/or graphs data.  A person who is using the software reviews, evaluates, analyzes, interprets, draws inferences & conclusions ...

If you want to use "visualize", it seems to me that either the program or the person (or both) could be said to do that.  The program turns numbers into graphics.

The naming is trickier than it looks, ain't it?

That's why silly names can actually be preferable sometimes.  Here's my latest suggestion:

A Respiration Tracker, Yow!!

(Yes, that's a Zippy reference.  Often, "Yow!!" will be followed by "Am I having FUN yet??")

So instead of "Post your Sleepyhead charts", we'd have "Post your ARTY charts." (Not your artichoke hearts.)  And the program is arty: it draws.

Speaking of silliness, I've decided that "CHARTER" would be:

CPAP Helper And Respiration Tracking Extravaganza Revisited

Sleepyhead is the first extravaganza; the renamed (and eventually updated) program will be that extravaganza revisited.
The Greek breath is ἀναπνέω, whose transliteration sounds like "Anapneo." this Harry Potter lexicon "Anapneo" is the enchantment of a spell that clears the target's breathing airways if blocked.

I propose that AnapneaGraph

or just "Anapnea" Analysis Apnea.
(02-19-2019, 01:42 AM)Spy Car Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 08:03 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Chief - its time to lower the cone of silence.

(Now under the cone - Since the program supplies so much more than apnea data and keeping with the KISS principle I think the name should start with Sleep but not babyish like sleepyhead.  Perhaps SleepTracker, or something along those lines.)

Carry on...........

Except the program doesn't track "sleep." 

Bill

But it makes the point and would sell with doctors.  To me it sounds more sophisticated.  All we do here is related to getting better sleep so.....but I get your point entirely.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Taking a cue from the late artist formerly known as Prince (TLAFKAP), we could call it

The Application Formerly Known As Sleepyhead (TAFKAS)

... or for those who like MarketingDroidCaps®, it could be

The Application Formerly Known As SleepyHead (TAFKASH)

ObLeftAsAnExerciseForTheReader: the creation of a rune (or dingbat) to go along with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 178 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,256 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  String of open airway events vinegarben 34 4,034 02-16-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 367 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  In Need of Help Analyzing Source of Leaks in Oscar rosebladepat 1 408 10-01-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Can you open your mouth with CPAP and have no mouth leak? THEVGE 4 733 09-11-2023, 06:06 AM
Last Post: THEVGE
  Source for anataomy illustration of how we breathe nose only for CPAP? Stom 0 318 09-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Stom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.