Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OT Added benefits of CPAP?
OT Added benefits of CPAP?
As I sweep up pollen and cut my grass for the first time this spring, I wonder whether I should try to use my CPAP machine with a battery while I do my yard work to combat allergies. Anybody tried this?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OT Added benefits of CPAP ??????
I would think a basic dusk mask you can get at a box store for a couple bucks per 10-pack would do a better job at filtering the pollen and dust.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your airway collapsing while you cut the grass?

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
No, but the thought of "cool" filtered air seems appealing.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you get it cool? I want a reverse heating humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a shoulder bag with ice cubes and the hose passing through the ice cubes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe just one of those hats holding a refreshing beverage or two!
Post Reply Post Reply
You are still in REM... your CPAP is working...
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2015, 07:50 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: How do you get it cool? I want a reverse heating humidifier.
The reason why a heated humidifier works is because it heats the air which then can carry more moisture, it picks up moisture from the humidity tank and it gets to you.

Reduce the temp and you reduce the amount of moisture that can be carried and you reduce the amount of moisture that gets to you. So while the air is cool it will be much dryer in the process.

That is basically what the humidity control is doing, adjusting the temp to increase or decrease the amount of humidity you get.

Eventually if you get it too cool, there is no real point to have the humidifier at all as you get little moisture from it because the air is too cool to carry it.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
What you need is a riding mower and hook up a trailer. The trailer can hold the battery/pump/peltier cooling system and get one of those nascar cool suits complete with the helmet.

or, maybe hire someone else to cut your grass while you sit pool-side with a margarita.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,061 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Benefits of changing masks BreakingBaddd 5 551 10-21-2023, 08:08 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Stimulants - Any Benefits? cmpman1974 22 1,771 07-14-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What changes to maximize therapy benefits? janelleb1985 6 630 05-16-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  6 months in, not feeling major benefits. Any advice? :( vegasboy 8 850 04-14-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: vegasboy
  Benefits of Fixed Pressure?? Brazen 12 1,371 11-19-2022, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  Benefits of Resmed Vauto over ASV? Abletree 8 1,398 04-19-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Abletree

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.