Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[OXIMETER] Preliminary results/observations
Just got my Wellue Checkme O2 11/25.  Noticed last night that it ended a session when it reached 18000 entries and started a second one that ended when I took off the Checkme!  I imported the first one in OSCAR (after importing Resmed) and then the second one and seems to have worked.  My Sp02 data is off by a minute, with its time 1 minute earlier than the Resmed even though I started the Resmed first and then the Checkme.  Strange.

I've also exported the Checkme to a .csv file and then opened it with Excel and saved as .xlsx. I'm able to look at the session in detail and then use Excel to summarize the data e.g. average, minimum, maximum, # samples, >= 95, 90-94, <-89, count and % time for 90,89,88,87,86,85. I can see that I have low O2 with no corresponding events in CPAP events!  Since my PCP and DME aren't interested I guess I'm on my own to figure out what's going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my Wellue Checkme O2 11/25.  Noticed last night that it ended a session when it reached 18000 entries and started a second one that ended when I took off the Checkme!  I imported the first one in OSCAR (after importing Resmed) and then the second one and seems to have worked.  My Sp02 data is off by a minute, with its time 1 minute earlier than the Resmed even though I started the Resmed first and then the Checkme.  Strange.

I've also exported the Checkme to a .csv file and then opened it with Excel and saved as .xlsx. I'm able to look at the session in detail and then use Excel to summarize the data e.g. average, minimum, maximum, # samples, >= 95, 90-94, <-89, count and % time for 90,89,88,87,86,85. I can see that I have low O2 with no corresponding events in CPAP events!  Since my PCP and DME aren't interested, I guess I'm on my own to figure out what's going on.

I have the Checkme set to buzz when my O2 goes below 86.  I did this so it would record low O2's without buzzing and waking me up, because the first night it was set at below 90 and kept me up.  It went down to 84 and buzzed last night while I was laying there awake!

BTW, I am a shallow breather at night and it doesn't always trigger a Hypopnea event but does lower my O2.

Any insights into low O2 without CPAP events would be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Merging O2 & CPAP Data
Since the other thread you posted in was by another member, I have moved your post here, along with my response.

Congratulations on getting the data to import!  I think the Wellue is limited to a 10-hour session, before it starts a new one.  The 1-minute earlier start is unusual from my experience.  Usually, the Wellue's start time can be up to 1-minute after you initially start the device.  

Some of those SpO2 drops could be artifacts, caused by bumping the sensor or rapid hand movement.  Go back and see how long they lasted.  Your body is going to average out an oxygen change in both directions.  Because of this, a drop/increase occurs over several recorded inputs.  Also, your data may have duplicate entries to achieve a 2-second recording.  Some of the other Wellue/Viatom oximeter series used a 4-second input.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Merging O2 & CPAP Data
(11-30-2022, 01:29 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Since the other thread you posted in was by another member, I have moved your post here, along with my response.
Thanks. When I posted it on the other thread I thought I'd post I again in case no one saw the other thead.

Congratulations on getting the data to import!  I think the Wellue is limited to a 10-hour session, before it starts a new one.  The 1-minute earlier start is unusual from my experience.  Usually, the Wellue's start time can be up to 1-minute after you initially start the device.  
Looked back and 18000 entries was 10 hours after the start!  What a  coincidence.

Some of those SpO2 drops could be artifacts, caused by bumping the sensor or rapid hand movement.  Go back and see how long they lasted.  Your body is going to average out an oxygen change in both directions.  Because of this, a drop/increase occurs over several recorded inputs.  Also, your data may have duplicate entries to achieve a 2-second recording.  Some of the other Wellue/Viatom oximeter series used a 4-second input.
When it went below 86 I had been laying still for several minutes and I believe as falling asleep.  It dropped from O2 90 at 02:37:00AM  to O2 84 at 02:37:40AM. Then it started to back up.  So over a course of 40 seconds it dropped 6 points and then went back up to 90 over around 40 seconds after.  Guessing this may be normal for me.  This is new to me.

Thanks so much
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [OXIMETER] Preliminary results/observations
Update - Discovered the Windows app O2 Insight Pro for Wellue isn't reliable.  Sometimes it says it can't find the data or is unable to read the data, so I moved to a different USB port and that improved things.  This morning it downloaded the data for 12/2 and 12/1, but wouldn't show them in the app so I couldn't export the data for 12/1 to .csv, but was able to use Android app to upload data from both segments to my Google Drive.

Anyway, able to import the binary data into OSCAR and import the .csv data into Excel.  I merge the two parts into one .xlsx, then use Excel to summarize the night data.

Very happy with improvement and have no idea what I'm doing to get that improvement.  May be subconsciously breathing more deeply so the oximeter doesn't buzz when O2 goes below 87.

Here's last night's data in Excel for O2:

average 94
minimum 88
maximum 98
# samples 18382
>= 95 4870 26.49%
90-94 13491 73.39%
<= 89 21 0.11% 0.70 minutes
90 155 0.84%
89 17 0.09%
88 4 0.02% 0.02% <= 88
87 0 0.00% 0.00% < 88
86 0 0.00%
85 0 0.00%
12/1/2022

First night with no samples below 88 and very few below 90.

Here's 11/30:
average 93
minimum 85
maximum 98
# samples 18464
>= 95 3231 17.50%
90-94 14626 79.21%
<= 89 607 3.29% 20.23 minutes
90 489 2.65%
89 263 1.42%
88 214 1.16% 1.86% <= 88
87 101 0.55% 0.70% < 88
86 22 0.12%
85 7 0.04%
11/30/2022
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have increased your CPAP pressure, then that may be the reason your SpO2 levels are higher.  It is called, Positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP).  

Here is the link on the subject in the Wiki: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...y_pressure

Here is an additional article on the subject: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK482178/

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2022, 10:13 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If you have increased your CPAP pressure, then that may be the reason your SpO2 levels are higher.  It is called, Positive end-expiratory pressure (PEEP).  
I  hadn't changed any CPAP settings!!  That's what is so interesting.  Will continue to load oximeter into OSCAR and see how things go.

Thanks

- Red
Post Reply Post Reply
Continue to have better O2 without any changes to CPAP settings! I'll take whatever I get.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,214 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 530 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.