Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[OXIMETER]Wellue Checkme O2 Max 3 weeks in
[OXIMETER]Wellue Checkme O2 Max 3 weeks in
I've had mine for 3 weeks. I had to edit this post because I discovered there was a newer version of the Windows app that fixed the issues I and others had (wouldn't sync with oximeter).

BTW, the Android app was auto upgraded last night and is pretty useless for my purposes.  After syncing the Android to the oximeter it no longer downloads the binary to the same folder on the Android so I can't get the binary.  In addition, uploading a .csv was changed; different file name and two columns (reminders) removed.  But. .csv export in O2 Insight Pro does work!  So, Android app pretty useless, but Windows app is now working.

The Wellue Checkme O2 Max overview

Really like the form factor.  Wear the brains on your wrist and a small sensor on thumb.  So, I can lay on either and it doesn't interfere with my hand placement.  Laying on me left side just requires that I reposition the wrist part so it's not under my hand.  I clasp my fingers together which makes the duck bill or the bulky ring oximeters a non option.

It is very easy to see current sampling by tapping the button on the write device.  The display only stays on a few seconds so it's not casting a lot of light.

You can set the Spo2 and Pulse Rate thresholds.  I set my SpO2 threshold to 86% so it doesn't buzz until it is less than 86%.  It still records everything, just doesn't buzz.   The first night the threshold was 90 and it was buzzing a lot!  Getting a medical oximeter Monday to verify my sampling and see if my O2 and Pulse are not a problem or as are problem and what can be done.  BTW, the O2 desaturations to correspond to CPAP events!  Tidal Volume and Minute Volume track with the O2 samples.

Interested in others experiences
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [OXIMETER]Wellue Checkme O2 Max 3 weeks in
Hi withtao,

What has been your experience with the Checkme so far? You've had it about 4 months now . . . do you like it? Recommend it? Worth the cost?

I'd appreciate any additional feed back you can provide.

Thanks,
AndyB
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2023, 07:51 PM)AndyB Wrote: Hi withtao,

What has been your experience with the Checkme so far? You've had it about 4 months now . . . do you like it? Recommend it? Worth the cost?
I really like it.  Still hook it up every night even though, thanks to it, I have solved my O2 desaturations and don't really need it. Easy to use and integrates with OSCAR.  In addition, I can export to .csv file for import into Excel.  BTW, I use the O2 Insight Pro windows app and store results on a hard drive.

BTW, I got mine Black Friday which made it even better.  Is it worth it?  For me it was as I used it to get an O2 concentrator from my provider that they wouldn't have done without solid evidence even though a DME provided O2 monitor indicated I needed O2.  I used the .csv/Excel from Checkme to prove my point. My desaturations have gone from 50-100 a night to less than 10!
Post Reply Post Reply
If the Android App you're talking about is the ViHealth app for Viatom devices, you should be able to find the binary files in this folder:

{your phone}\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.viatom.vihealth\files\20\host.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Checkme Max wrist unit too. I like it a lot. Best quality one out there I feel. It does well at recording a full night's session, strong battery life, and seems decently reliable. I have a polysomnogram coming up next week. This will be the true test how reliable this device truly is.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2023, 11:44 AM)cmpman1974 Wrote: This will be the true test how reliable this device truly is.
I had a sleep study 9/1/2022 that only mentioned a few 88 desats.  After getting my Checkme O2 Max I informed my PCP that it was showing a lot of below 88 and as low as 84 O2's (50 - 100).  She ordered an oximeter from a DME that substantiated my findings and eventually ordered an O2 concentrator which keeps me O2 above 89 all night and lowered my desats from 50-100 to less than 10!  When I mentioned that the sleep study doctor didn't follow up on the low O2 she said that the doctor probably assumed (I know) that the CPAP would fix that, but I had been on CPAP for 7 years before that sleep study.

BTW, when the PCP tried to get me approved for O2 concentrator they said I didn't have enough below 88 O2s! They were referencing the sleep study not the recent DME oximeter. I went through a night's reading using Excel and determined I had 30+ O2 desats below 88. Next day I got a notice from insurance provider that I was approved. I've had to intervene constantly between PCP, DME, and insurance to get proper medical care. The RT at the DME refused to look at my ResMed results and provide advice because they didn't have the results from the sleep study which were FAXd to them 4 times! Never spoke with him again, useless.

Be your own advocate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow does that story sound familiar.  I've been in the exact same boat. However my titration showed 120 min under 88% and it still wasn't enough to get them to prescribe O2!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2023, 01:31 PM)cmpman1974 Wrote: Wow does that story sound familiar.  I've been in the exact same boat.  However my titration showed 120 min under 88% and it still wasn't enough to get them to prescribe O2!
Wow, that's ridiculous:

https://www.yalemedicine.org/conditions/pulse-oximetry

"A resting oxygen saturation level between 95% and 100% is regarded as normal for a healthy person at sea level. At higher elevations, oxygen saturation levels may be slightly lower. People should contact a health care provider if their oxygen saturation readings drop below 92%, as it may be a sign of hypoxia, a condition in which not enough oxygen reaches the body’s tissues. If blood oxygen saturation levels fall to 88% or lower, seek immediate medical attention, says Dr. Lutchmansingh."

https://www.verywellhealth.com/oxygen-saturation-914796

"Generally speaking, an oxygen saturation level below 95% is considered abnormal. An oxygen saturation level below 90% is an emergency.9

If someone's oxygen saturation is dangerously low, they will need oxygen therapy—sometimes urgently."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,223 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 325 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 92 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,509 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 151 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 204 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.