Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Philip Respironics Trilogy EVO
RE: Philip Respironics Trilogy EVO
these are all my diagnosis, i have a lot of health issues, i weight 256 and i am 5fft7inches tall

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my sleep study

Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights numbers. Don’t understand the leak rate

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting all of that information Ann.  I forgot to mention to redact your personal information on your sleep study.  Not a big deal since you are using your name as your username though.  

A couple of things jump out at me.  1st, your medical history:  COPD, restrictive lung disease, pulmonary fibrosis, sleep apnea, and allergic rhinitis.  All of those diagnoses combined are what got you the Evo ventilator.  You also have a tremor.  This could indicate that something neurological is contributing to your sleep apnea also.  

Sleep study:  You mainly suffer from OA's.  Just a few CA's compared to all the OA's.  That is a better than having both high OA's (obstructive sleep apnea) and CA's (Central sleep apnea).  Your EPAP range should take care of these.  The only other thing that might help you could be a soft cervical collar to wear at night.  It could keep you from chin tucking and increasing the severity of your OA's.  Or possibly trying a pillow that is less tall in height (if your neck can sustain it).

You had 5 minutes under 90 SPO2.  SPO2 is a fancy name for blood oxygen levels.  If it stayed below 88 for 5 minutes, then you qualify for supplemental oxygen per Medicare guidelines.  You may be just on the border of qualifying based on your sleep study.  

Your spontaneous breathing rate was 9.85   This is a little lower than normal.  The Evo has a rate of 14 set to pace you.  The PS range on the Evo looks sufficient to me to be able to treat this also IMO.  

Your % spontaneous trigger from your Evo stats was only 4%.  Your I:E ratio of 1:1.9 seems ok.   PIF is Peak Inspiratory Flow is 55.1 L/min.  I am not sure what this means. I will further research it.  9.7cmH2O not sure either.  The leak rate is 44.8 L/min.  Can you feel the mask leak when you go to sleep or when you wake up at night?  Anyone who knows what these numbers mean can post to clarify.  

IMO, your settings should be taking care of your disordered breathing at night during sleep.  The only way I could gauge my Evo settings to AHI was to purchase an oximeter (contec and wellue are 2 popular brands).  You can shop for one in your budget, or you don't have to purchase one if you don't want to do so.  According to the research that I did, every 3% or 4% drop in SPO2 correlated to a single AHI (over 90% correlation rate).  

What kind of mask do you use?  I am guessing a full face mask.  I tried my hardest to make a nasal pillow mask work, but I could not exhale fast enough against the pressure (which set off the low rate alarm).   Possibly getting a better seal on your current mask or maybe even trying another one could help.  

Any others question that you have, Ann, please post them and I (we) can try to answer them.  

This is my best analysis of your situation.  I encourage anyone who sees anything different or any errors in my interpretation above to post to clarify.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
i use 2 liters of oxygen every night, so far i just need oxygen at night and not during the day thank goodness, thank you for all your fast responses, you are amazing
Post Reply Post Reply
You are most welcome, Ann.  With the 2 liters of supplemental oxygen at night, and your current settings, you should be treated adequately IMO.  You can always ask your RT at your DME about how they think your settings are performing; and how your therapy is going.  Most of what I know I have learned here at apneaboard.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
these were my numbers from last night, How do they look? i dont understand the leak rate as there is none that i can feel

Post Reply Post Reply
MAP I think is the mean pressure during the night.  Your PIF (peak inspiratory flow) may be a little bit low, but not too bad.  I:E ratio looks ok.  % spontaneous trigger means the machine is breathing for you most of the time during the night (98%) of the time.  IMO, it is a good thing you have this machine because it is performing this important function for you (pacing your breathing and increasing your breathing rate).  Your leak rate may bit a bit high.  From the numbers I found in my research, around 22 or 24 or so is supposed to be normal, but with a ventilating type machine where the pressure support is much higher (bigger difference between EPAP and IPAP) more leaks can occur.  PIP is peak inspiratory pressure.  The maximum pressure used on an inhale.  VTE is the tidal volume on your exhale.  It should be close to your tidal volume on inhale.  Your RR (respiratory rate) 14 and minute vent of 7 look good.  The only one that stands out to me could be possible higher leaks than normal, but it seems like you are getting good therapy from these 9 indicators.  By reducing leaks further, it would just lower the pressures that the machine uses.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,851 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 268 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 859 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 872 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,734 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,401 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Trilogy evo alarms Laurk 6 603 01-05-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.