Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
That 95% number on sleeyhead etc, is that or does it mean that is the pressure the machine is at 95% of the time?

If so my machine seems to be always maxed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
(01-31-2019, 07:27 AM)My3rd3y3 Wrote: That 95% number on sleeyhead etc,     is that or does it mean that is the pressure the machine is at 95% of the time?  

If so my machine seems to be always maxed?

The 95% pressure number means you were at that pressure for 95% of the night and under.  
Note the “and under.”
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 95th percentile is the pressure that is exceeded only 5% of the time...that is exactly the same thing OpalRose said, but I thought it might be easier to understand.

What was your experience with lower EPAP pressure? Yesterday we talked about using the ASV mode rather than ASV Auto. I was kind of curious to see what a fixed EPAP might do for you. We should probably take a closeup view of these UA events and see if we can decipher what is going on. No more than a 2-minute segment with flow rate, mask pressure, snore and flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do the reg ASV setting tonight or whenever,   I have no problems changing up etc.   Willing to try anything.   Guess it would take more then a single night to see whats what?    Ok here is a screen of a section,   hope i grabbed whats needed - when I do the reg ASV vs ASVauto just do the settings the tech guy put in ? EPAP - 13 / Min ps 3 / max ps 12? do you think a diff mask might change things?

screen 1
[Image: screenshot-20190131-092633.png]

screen 2
[Image: screenshot-20190131-092655.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Just noticed I still had the lil pie chart on.    while I do like pie,   it is not needed on screenshots

I think around the same time
[Image: screenshot-20190131-100923.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever tried initial titration pressure settings with the ASV?
ASVauto
EPAP min 5.0
PS min 3.0
PS max 15.0
Maximum pressure 25 or 30 whatever the machine allows.

If you have tried this what were the results and what was the lowest EPAP you have tried? If you have not tried this, would you be willing to?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i'll try whatever. Ive been on this pressure settings for like 3 years since the sleep doc sent me to the diff sleep studies, last one being 3 years ago the asv titration in the sleep lab or split sleep study I forget. This is what she set me too / wrote the script for
Post Reply Post Reply
Your ASV titration might be useful information if we can get it. I promise we will either use the information constructively or heckle the technician.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
ok let me go over to that other board. i know i posted all my tests etc
let me do some digging
Post Reply Post Reply
Found it,   this is the most recent sleep study I had as its only 3 years old.    

Page 1
[Image: kVuEvXqm.jpg]

Page 2
[Image: K5JN1ZHm.jpg?1]

page 3 
[Image: T80JvWEm.jpg?1]

page 4
[Image: GFjIWhzm.jpg?1]

page 5
[Image: DmCfX5Mm.jpg?1]

page 6
[Image: K6u4lyYm.jpg?1]

page 7 
[Image: uFkc1vQm.jpg?1]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 588 1 hour ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,519 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 860 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.