Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
ok ill do this for tonight, lets see. What should max epap be set too 15?

ASVAuto correct?

I'll look into a pulmonoligist too see whats what - wish there was a way to mod my machine to go higher if that is indeed needed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
Correct on everything. EPAP range 5-15, PS range 3-15 is the default setup. Sleep comfortably and remember to exhale, LOL.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Breathe, breathe in the air"

First line from Breathe by Pink Floyd

Today's helpful hint for a longer life is to take time out to breathe.

Coffee

My3rd3y3 sincerely hope you get this therapy working great. SD94
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ugg thought I already made the switch in pressures to the starter ASV settings,   must of forgotten prior to bed.   was a segmented night of sleep as usual.   going this month to see my sleep doc -   is there anything else I should ask her to do testing wise or study wise or will a true pulmonoligist be more helpful?   I dont think i have had a proper asv tritration test / study thing as i think by reading my last study was to show failed bi-pap?
Post Reply Post Reply
Was just reading thru the 2 sleep studies I have had. I do not think I have ever had a proper ASV titration type sleep study. I think my last sleep study was only to show I fail on Cpap/Bi-Pap in order to get an ASV. Is my thinking correct? Is there any other sleep study I should be asking for?
Post Reply Post Reply
An ASV titration test simply means we can throw the old BiPAP and CPAP results out and start over. It allows for technician supervised titration in a structured procedure, and enables problems to be properly identified.  For example, we are speculating what these UA events actually represent. A lab study should be able to identify the cause. Some people can pick up an ASVauto and get great results without titration, but since we don't have a titration test in your case, it seems a decision was made to start with your old CPAP pressures as the starting EPAP. That is why I want to start at the beginning and have a replay from default low values. You might notice the protocol below also has a procedure for increasing EPAP beyond the automatic range of 15 if UAO (upper airway obstruction) continues.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well last night I did set up my settings to the default start lvls but instead of the 5 min epap i used 6........  tired today more so then on the higher setting but here is what it looked like.    

screen 1
[Image: screenshot-20190203-100104.png]

screen 2
[Image: screenshot-20190203-100105.png]

screen 3
[Image: screenshot-20190203-100139.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd have to say this is the first time in my experience a machine so eagerly headed for maximum settings. There is clearly an obstruction or severe flow resistance, but it may take a clinical setting to diagnose it. I'm not certain that conventional titration testing will be helpful; you really need a diagnostic evaluation of your airway while sleeping or sedated. The only thing we have left is to go to ASV mode and start seeing if additional EPAP pressure can resolve the airway resistance. That means ASV mode (not auto), starting at EPAP 15, PS 2-3 minimum and PS 15 max. There has to be a physical cause for obstruction, and you're going to need a doctor that is smart enough and curious enough to find it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Leave it to me to be the "odd ball",   or that odd case study lol  ugg

Ok,   I'll readjust to reg ASV mode and the settings you mention.    I will also make an appt / look for a pulmonoligist tomorrow for sure - if that is even the type of dr I need lol.   or Ear nose n throat? both ?  i dunno ugg lol    Thanks for sticking it out with me and offering great advise along the way,  it really means a lot.   Should I revisit the collar again or a diff collar?   I'll just stick with the pressure change for tonight as to not mix multiple things up an not know what one did what ..  Would having a deviated septum have any play in this 

Maybe I can contact Resmed or Philips since Philips is in the next state over and see if they can make me a hot rodded ASV with higher settings etc  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
On ASV Mode

When I set the Epap to 15
ps to 3 the max ps will only go up to 10
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 569 3 hours ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 859 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.