Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
(02-03-2019, 12:47 PM)My3rd3y3 Wrote: On ASV Mode

When I set the Epap to 15
ps to 3 the max ps will only go up to 10

That is correct the maximum total pressure your machine can give is 25 CMW epap 15 + max PS of 10

I think Sleeprider was having a moment of shock with your pressures  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
Jaswilliams is right. I know the machine max is 25 but I have never tried to set PS on an ASV with EPAP at 15.

I think some ENTs do endoscopic evaluations under sedation to see why things obstruct, so that the mechanisms of obstruction may be observed. I'm curious, when you had your accident, did you sustain any thoracic, throat or chest injuries? I don't think a pulmonologist performs these kinds of evaluations of the upper airway. Once again, you are so far outside the box, I'm at kind of a loss other than to offer suggestions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you lived near me I would recommend my wife's ENT (near Detroit, MI). The magic words are "I have been told that I have either an obstruction or severe flow resistance that is demonstrated on the detailed charts on my ResMed ASV machine. I would like to determine what it is."
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol oh the accident june 3rd of 03..... to keep it short if I can - I was a passenger in a vehicle that was in an accident and hit another car on the hwy.... The driver of the vehicle I was in stopped the truck half on the median half on the road as it stalled / would not move. I seeing that we were still in danger got out of the vehicle and got hit by a vehicle before it struck the truck we were in. Injuries were believe it or not only limited to a shattered left femur - I did fly as high as a suburban and 72 ft landing on the hwy (The retired policeman who we orig hit and was a witness to me getting stuck). Besides some scrapes and bruises etc the only traumatic injury was the shattered femur. That itself started my long journey on Opiates to this day. My Endocrinologist believes I might of had a head injury - maybe during the accident i dunno
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 04:37 PM)My3rd3y3 Wrote: That itself started my long journey on Opiates to this day.   My Endocrinologist believes I might of had a head injury - maybe during the accident i dunno

Are you still on Opiate pain relief as they will cause central sleep apnoea  it may be that the apnoea is so severe that the ASV will not form a breath? I don’t know to be fair, what is your O2 levels like?
Post Reply Post Reply
The procedure is a “ dise”drug induced endoscopic procedure. They sedate u just enough to produce a sleep like state and scope your throat. They will also turn you different ways to check positioning. I had this procedure done when I had my nasal septum fixed. Expect results to warrant surgery. They like to cut. I was told I needed jaw surgery and or uppp procedure. Good luck brother.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 07:08 PM)Justbreath Wrote: The procedure is a “ dise”drug induced endoscopic procedure. They sedate u just enough to produce a sleep like state and scope your throat. They will also turn you different ways to check positioning. I had this procedure done when I had my nasal septum fixed. Expect results to warrant surgery. They like to cut. I was told I needed jaw surgery and or uppp procedure. Good luck brother.

Where the alternative starts looking like tracheostomy, or acceptance of 15-20 AHI, conventional surgery doesn't sound so bad. At least it may provide an explanation. Good information, thanks!

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5564140/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 05:28 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(02-03-2019, 04:37 PM)My3rd3y3 Wrote: That itself started my long journey on Opiates to this day.   My Endocrinologist believes I might of had a head injury - maybe during the accident i dunno

Are you still on Opiate pain relief as they will cause central sleep apnoea  it may be that the apnoea is so severe that the ASV will not form a breath? I don’t know to be fair, what is your O2 levels like?

To be flat out honest - I am no longer doing 10 - 30mg oxycodone's and 2 60mg morphine time release pills a day was on that for 10 years - 03 to 13.   Or Sniffing herion and taking pills 13-15.   I am on a liquid methadone once daily 130mg's 2015 thru current. lesser of the two evils i dunno lol but yea I am in a much better place then in the past.    I am aware that the opaite is indeed one of the root causes of the centrals.   All dr's I see are aware of all med's etc I am honest with them all for once
Post Reply Post Reply
02 lvls were good last i checked. I do have one of those that records info thru the night. I could dig it out and figure out how to sync it with my sleepyhead report again
Post Reply Post Reply
will look into the ENT doc / surgeon this week well Monday. Thanks for the article and info!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 599 7 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,523 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,405 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 615 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 864 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 570 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.