Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
Ended up finding my CMS-50D pulse oximeter and recorded my sleep last night. Now just to find the cord that connects to it....... I have the app for it downloaded and as I remember, sleepyhead has a nice import feature for it and really does a neat job meshing it up with reports. Slept from like 11pm-3:45am
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Obst & Central Apnea - on ASV. why do most say- resmed vs dreamstation auto sv?
Are you still using the resmed 10 asv? I have the same machine and my settings can go as high as max Epap 15 max ps 20 . I saw you posted that your max was only 25 for your IPAP. Just curious if it was the same machine since you’re constantly at 25.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2019, 10:34 AM)Justbreath Wrote: Are you still using the resmed 10 asv? I have the same machine and my settings can go as high as max Epap 15 max ps 20 . I saw you posted that your max was only 25 for your IPAP. Just curious if it was the same machine since you’re constantly at 25.

Yes,   I just received a new Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV last week.   This is my second one,  I started with my old Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV about 3-4 years ago.   I have diff insurance and my Dr said I could get a new one so why not lol.  

My Ipap is showing 30 I thought in Sleepyhead

My Epap stays in the max ranges  on asvAuto it will only let me turn the Epap max to 15

so with the settings of min epap 13 / max 15     tthe max PS it will let me turn it too is 12.0
Post Reply Post Reply
We have been talking about trying ASV mode and using higher EPAP pressures. I think it is worth a try. This suggestion may have been missed, but as long as we're dealing with obstruction, that's the protocol. As I said, I'd like to understand the obstruction better, but going to ASV mode allows higher pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok let me know what I should set her at ..... Emailed my sleep dr asking about pulmonary things, and also the asv tritration sleep study and a few others.
Post Reply Post Reply
How can it got higher then it is lol i mean wow my heads going to be blown off lol. why does reg asv allow for higher settings?
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I upped my Min Epap to - 13.6
min ps to 6.0 with a max at 11.4

screens of that to follow

Someone in a diff forum had this input, not sure bout it lol
This is likely off the wall but may be worth a try...

Set Min EPAP 9 and PS 2 - 8. This will limit Max IPAP to 17. The reason for this is to see what happens when the pressure cannot go up too high.

On Feb 2 you had a couple of periods that looked better than the rest of the night. (20h10 - 20h50, 22h40 - 23h20, 24h10 - 1h00, 3h30 - 4h00). In these periods the pressure is between 9 and 11 cmH2O for the first 2 events and below 9 for event 3 and 4.

Just a thought.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I thought I would try out the large pillow vs the medium last night and this is what happened,   i think a ton of leakage overnight

screen 1
[Image: screenshot-20190205-052615.png]

screen 2
[Image: screenshot-20190205-052715.png]

screen 3
[Image: screenshot-20190205-052944.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
ugg, Seems my CMS-50D won’t work / transfer data without using the orig cable it came with. I tried using a diff mini usb to usb and my comp did not see the pulse ox. Going to have to dig deeper or buy another cable.

I guess I will have to find both an ENT dr and a pulmonologist this week. I also requested another sleep study from my sleep doc - however I doubt that they will be able to properly tritrate me with the pressures I seem to need - maybe.

Thanks again those that have been helping along the way!

Let me know what I should set my asv to on the reg asv settings vs auto. Wonder why the pressures can go higher if not on ASVauto? Is there a diff brand besides philips or Resmed that is able to go higher? Wonder if Resmed or anyone could mod mine to go higher and damn it on me for being an odd ball that needs so much pressure. Getting so frustrated
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2019, 05:12 AM)My3rd3y3 Wrote: Last night I upped my Min Epap to - 13.6
min ps to 6.0 with a max at 11.4

screens of that to follow

Someone in a diff forum had this input,  not sure bout it lol
This is likely off the wall but may be worth a try...

Set Min EPAP 9 and PS 2 - 8. This will limit Max IPAP to 17. The reason for this is to see what happens when the pressure cannot go up too high.

On Feb 2 you had a couple of periods that looked better than the rest of the night. (20h10 - 20h50, 22h40 - 23h20, 24h10 - 1h00, 3h30 - 4h00). In these periods the pressure is between 9 and 11 cmH2O for the first 2 events and below 9 for event 3 and 4.

Just a thought.

I think keeping the pressure support in a higher range is important to ensure a breath is delivered when needed. The idea of enforcing a lower EPAP is perhaps valid.  My inclination is to get out of ASVauto mode, and go to ASV mode.  Let's start at EPAP 13 with PS 3-15 or whatever maximum is allowed, and try that.   ASVauto is increasing your pressures to the maximum regardless of what the minimum setting is. ASV will simply give you a fixed EPAP pressure but allow the machine to respond normally to apnea and hypopnea. From your charts, it appears you have fewer events at lower EPAP pressures, but we can't tell if the higher pressures are causing events, or events are causing higher pressure.  Most likely the latter, but let's take the auto algorithm out of the equation. I have no problem with trying the lower minimum PS.  So in summary:
ASV mode
PS min 2.0
PS max 15.0 (or maximum available).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,513 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,397 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 70 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 538 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.