Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cflex + Causing Mouth Breathing?
RE: Cflex + Causing Mouth Breathing?
At about 5:50 is when I woke up mouth breathing with a very dry mouth and did not sleep after that.  I got a large leak warning that I think is from mouth breathing?  I am using a Dreamwear mask that is 6+ months old but I don't thik the leak is from the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
After changing the pressure from 9.0 to 9.5 here is my new sleepyhead chart.  The AHI improved but still have a large leak.
https://c.gmx.com/mississippiblue@gmx.co...7ivgSytW9A
Post Reply Post Reply
redmed,
The link you provided is to a Miley Cyrus news announcement. If you are trying to post an image, please use imgur or photobucket. I have instructions listed below in "Useful Links",
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 09:04 AM)redmed Wrote: After changing the pressure from 9.0 to 9.5 here is my new sleepyhead chart.  The AHI improved but still have a large leak.
https://c.gmx.com/mississippiblue@gmx.co...7ivgSytW9A

New try
[Image: Tnv7Ghrl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I concur with your assessment. From what I see approximately 1/8 of your sleep session was experiencing large leaks. You seem to be going in the right direction. Have you determined what is causing your leaks?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 10:19 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I concur with your assessment.   From what I see approximately 1/8 of your sleep session was experiencing large leaks.  You seem to be going in the right direction.  Have you determined what is causing your leaks?

Not really it's mouth breathing or my dreamwear mask.  I'm going to try my new Opus 360 tonight,
Post Reply Post Reply
Hard to say why leaks are occurring. This does not look characteristic of mouth leaks which usually have a flat-topped leak rate, and I suspect it may be a mask slipping or losing its seal. Not that there isn't mouth leak occurring, but I think a lot of this is mask slip.

You are not using the auto function on your machine, which might allow you to use a minimum pressure of 8 and maximum of 10 or 11 and that might help clean up the obstructive events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
redmed, Question; Are you a side sleeper and using a "cushy" pillow?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 12:23 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hard to say why leaks are occurring.  This does not look characteristic of mouth leaks which usually have a flat-topped leak rate, and I suspect it may be a mask slipping or losing its seal.  Not that there isn't mouth leak occurring, but I think a lot of this is mask slip.  

You are not using the auto function on your machine, which might allow you to use a minimum pressure of 8 and maximum of 10 or 11 and that might help clean up the obstructive events.

Interesting that this does not look like mouth leaks.  This morning I did not have a dry mouth, in fact at first I thought I had slept well, until a hour later when I feel kind of in a fog.  Then I read the SleepyHead report about the leaks.  I have read, on this forum, of Dreamwear masks not holding up for very long.  I have used a nasal mask for 20+ years and ventured into the unknown with this Dreamwear mask about 7 months ago.  As far as I can tell the Dreamwear is perfectly fine and not leaking.  I like it a lot.  I'm going to try another new mask tonight a Opus 360.  Maybe this will determine if the Dreamwear is the leaker.

What do you mean "mask slip"?

For the month prior to getting the PR SystemOne I have been trying different settings with a Respironics Auto M and seem to feel better when on straight Cpap;
AHI's = 7.5, 10.6, 6.7, 8.2, 5.8, 9.9, 8.4, 11.9, 6.0, 4.2
When on AutoCpap the AHI's are somewhat better but I don't feel as good;
AHI's = 4.2, 7.5, 6.7, 3.7, 7.2

I have been kind of floundering around since my "sleeping buddy" (Remstar LX set @9.5) of 16+ years died. I know I have been making too many changes and need to get some consistency that's why for now I trying to stay on Cpap and find the best pressure and resolve the leaks.  And get a few good night sleeps.  Before going back to try trying the AutoCpap.  What I have done so far on AutoCpap seems to indicate my pressure should lower than  9.5.   I have lost about 90lbs this year and was experimenting with 9.0lbs on the RemStar LX when it died.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 12:47 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: redmed, Question; Are you a side sleeper and using a "cushy" pillow?
I'm a back sleeper and pretty much stay still.  When I first started Cpap I did mouth breath.  To train myself to "keep my mouth shut" I propped the pillow on it's edge and slept with my head up at about a 45 degree angle which made it harder to open my mouth.  After I stopped mouth breathing I have slept with a semi-firm pillow flat (normal position) for many years.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 43 1,048 5 hours ago
Last Post: Jorgo
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 355 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 308 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 794 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,163 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.