Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Face Mask (Small Face)
Help with Face Mask (Small Face)
I need help trying to find a face mask that will fit a person with a small face and will not leak. Unfortunately, I tried a nasal pillow mask first, and I am a mouth breather with allergies. I've had my equipment for almost 2 weeks now and have only used it for 4 partial nights due to problems with masks. I have the AirFit10 for Her in Extra Small, and I'm still having tons of issues with leaking, especially around the nose / eye area. I believe it's also causing my aerophagia, which makes me wake up after 3-4 hours and take the darn thing off because of the pain from the air bubbles. I have lowered my high pressure to 11 (its supposed to be 14), thinking I could slowly get used to wearing the CPAP but that did not help. I also changed the EPR from off to 3. (I'm so thankful for the internet - I figured out to change my settings.) Has anyone had this problem, and, if so, any suggestions on masks? I thought of pediatric masks, but they are all nasal masks. The full face masks all look to big and also cause dry eyes. I can't have a mouth only mask because I have jaw problems.

I don't know if this will help, but my facial dimensions are:
Bridge of nose to "Top" of Chin (Below bottom lip): 3"
Width of lips: 2.75"
Nose Width: 2"
Space between nose & bottom of upper lip (mouth opening): 1"

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Face Mask (Small Face)
check out the Amara View, not much of your nose is involved
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 596 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Small travel bag for ResMed 11 + Laptop? NelsonM 9 2,294 02-08-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.