Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Obstructive Readings ?
RE: Obstructive Readings ?
(01-26-2015, 05:08 AM)saltydawg2 Wrote: Sorry, you probably will always have events, of some sort. This therapy is not really like putting ice on a sprain to make it less painful until it is all better. My initial study showed over 30 apneas,( mostly obstructive). Treated, I still struggled to get AHI below 12. Now, it is 5, or below, with the largest factor now being Clear Airway. Working on that with information from the guys on this site. They will be along, shortly. I just have to get up really early to go to work. Good luck!

Salty, what is this "clear airway" of which you speak? Do tell? what has enabled you to get that reading down from a 12 to better? I'm a month in, and while I've had a few nights under 5.0 and expect more once my central's settle down, I've had an avg of about 6.0/7.0 mostly.

Glad to hear of your continued improvement.

Susan

Post Reply Post Reply

"While the auto machines (not sure if yours is auto) will try to stop the apneas, if the minimum pressure is too low, they are unwilling to ramp it up fast enough to stop all apneas because they don't want to wake you up. Also, if the upper limit is too low, they are unable to generate enough pressure to stop all the apneas.

That said, you'll probably never consistently get "0"s, although you should be able to consistently get less than 1.

Terry"
[/quote]

Hi Terry, Love how you put this...I've always wondered "what is my machine thinking???" and you helped me to comprehend that a bit more.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
What I find is you have to keep after it. Diagnosed with severe apnea (AHI 55.7) I was in the 20's for a week or so, hovered around 8 for a month or so, then gradually went to 2.8 average and now to 1.7 average (had a 0.8 a couple weeks ago) simply by virtue of continuing to fine tune the therapy.

So, you have to be motivated; you have to be invested. Hearing that it may be the diff between making it to 70 and making it to 90 was all I needed to hear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 671 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 399 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  New User: Obstructive Events Gone but Central Events appearing. bopbop 0 213 02-13-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  OSCAR pressure readings versus BIPAP display smallhandsfeeding 0 155 02-07-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.