Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Obstructive apneas increased 4X and I have a cold
Obstructive apneas increased 4X and I have a cold
Could having a cold increase the obstructive apneas? Does anyone have any experience with this? My OAs are usually only .81 to 2.08 but last night it was over 8.00. It just so happens that I have a bad cold. The nasal mask I use with the heated humidifier/heated tube opens up my nose. When mask is on I feel I am breathing fine. However my obstructive apneas are worse. (They have never been that high.)
Oh-jeez
Kimberly from HonoluluSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Obstructive apneas increased 4X and I have a cold
Of course it can. The nasal and sinus mucosa are inflamed.
So, the OSA will increase.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose it can increase me I'm but I've had a cold since the middle of November and mine has not increased so you may want to check and see if there are some other issues as well just my honest opinion
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2015, 09:09 PM)justMongo Wrote: Of course it can. The nasal and sinus mucosa are inflamed.
So, the OSA will increase.
Thank you.I think that is what's happening. I look at my data everyday so I notice everything.
Kim
Post Reply Post Reply
You aren't, by chance, sleeping on your back more due to congestion?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep I get a cold and OAs FLs etc will go up on a bad night. Even seems running a high fever can do it sometimes though im not sure how that would work.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2015, 10:05 PM)saltydawg2 Wrote: You aren't, by chance, sleeping on your back more due to congestion?

I always sleep on my back because I have a serious back injury and I have to. I want to sleep on my side but it's not possible now.
Kim
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 23 541 03-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Worrying session last night - hypopneas increased tenfold! BigWing 12 232 03-23-2024, 06:23 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixing (CPAP-induced?) central apneas Franko39 17 855 03-21-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Having several Unclassified Apneas.... meatheadmd 7 303 03-19-2024, 07:54 AM
  Help interpreting non-obstructive events in OSCAR needsleeps 14 767 03-05-2024, 12:28 PM
Last Post: needsleeps
  Cpap causing Central Apneas shedu1337 1 262 02-24-2024, 05:46 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.