Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Occasional problems with exhale relief function
Occasional problems with exhale relief function
I am using a (ResMed AirSense 10 CPAP, ResMed nasal pillows) for a couple of months now.

I had some trouble with exhaling when first starting to use the pillows, so had my supplier set up the exhale relief function at the max level (3).

In general I have no problems...when I start using the unit at night the machine takes a couple of minutes to find my breathing rhythm then I can feel the exhale relief function kick in and exhaling is great/easy.

But I have had a couple of instances where I have woken up at night (usually the dog wanting out), and when I put the pillows back on...the exhale relief function does not seem to work properly. I try for 5 minutes or more to get it to work, but get tired of the noise and the discomfort of trying to exhale, and I give up and go to sleep without the CPAP on.

Anyone else have this issue?

Suggestions?

Thanks, Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Occasional problems with exhale relief function
Hi SLongridge,
WELCOME! to the forum..!
Hang in there for the answer to your question, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nasal congestion relief sleepingbetterinFl 2 160 03-23-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,015 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,874 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 3 222 02-11-2024, 11:30 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Muggzy's Therapy Thread - My quest for relief Muggzy 6 598 01-07-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Muggzy
  Resmed vibrates on exhale? webweaver 5 829 12-22-2023, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.