Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Occurences that have an effect on the data
Occurences that have an effect on the data
My question here is-do any of the normal occurrences that individuals have like coughing, yawning, stretching,etc. have any effect on the data that my VPAP keeps? If so, what are the effects?

This brings another question to my mind (what little there is left of it). What must the duration of a breathing cessation or reduction for the VPAP to consider it and apnea or an hypopnea?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Occurences that have an effect on the data
All of that might might cause the machine to score an event
The criteria for the machine to score an apnea or hypopnea, the event has to last 10 seconds or more in duration, less than 10 seconds not scored as such but might show up as flow limitation which are minor obstructions.
See glossary for proper definition: http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ow_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Severe central apnea as side effect of Brilinta Remfan 9 1,676 06-02-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: Ivy woods
  [CPAP] DS2 12mm vs 15mm tubing -effect on AHI arpegio 0 622 02-24-2023, 09:57 AM
Last Post: arpegio
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,061 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,687 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 922 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  OSCAR Oximetry settings has no effect on SPO2 event number JohnAT 5 684 08-05-2022, 11:23 PM
Last Post: JohnAT
  Harmonica effect permabear 9 1,236 04-27-2022, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.