Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Odd CPAP User With Issues HELP!
Odd CPAP User With Issues HELP!
Ok so lots of issues going on and can't find a perfect mask for me.  First of all I am currently using the Resmed Airfit F30i.  It's ok but I have to keep the straps super tight and still get leaks.  I have tried full face masks, nasal masks, etc. Here are my list of issues. ANy opinions appreciated.
-When I relax my mouth opens I am not a mouth breather but I open my mouth (I currently tape my mouth which helps
-I have no real teeth only dentures which I am currently wearing to sleep hoping it will help to support the mask.  I used to now wear them 
-I am currently using a super duty chin strap to help keep my mouth closed
-Wake up every morning gasping for air, my taped mouth is very damp and don't feel rested at all

My wife thought I had narcolepsy as I am still falling asleep all the time but I feel like my CPAP just isn't doing for me what it used to.  Last year I had a day and night sleep study done but nothing really showed up for them.  However I did sleep like crap there as the bed was super uncomfortable.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Odd CPAP User With Issues HELP!
Sorry, just seeing this post as a fairly new user.  I have used CPap therapy for 19 years. Recently I had all teeth extracted and now wear dentures. I use a ResMed machine with P10 pillows and chin strap.  Initially I had to use mouth tape because I did not want to wear my dentures while I sleep. I found a mouth guard called GumGuard that you wear when you do not want to have your dentures in. You can google them if interested, They have worked great for me, I even have been able to go away from mouth taping since I started using the GumGuard.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 187 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,485 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.