Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Odd UA Events I've Never Seen Before
RE: Odd UA Events I've Never Seen Before
The bumps are from machine pressure but insufficient to cause a breath
Post Reply Post Reply
so respiratory effort is not what we look for to identify obstructive apnea? what tells do we look for in SH charts to help us ID oa vs ca? oh vs ch? recovery breath for oa? flat top flow limitations in oa? what else?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-06-2019, 06:53 PM)RayBee Wrote: These are really odd UA events logged last night.  I can't figure out what they are.  The Therapy Pressure is high and constant, Mask pressure looks as if I was breathing yet Flow Rate is close to none.  All while Leak Rate and Flow Limit both logged 0. Rest Rate recorded at or near zero which corroborates Mask Pressure.  I can't figure this out. Huhsign  Could it be I had somehow blocked the exhaust vents for a short period of time?  I can't convince myself of that though, because I did have several breaths logged between similar events.  Any ideas?  Is this some sort of oddity that I should not be too concerned about?

Ray

Ray, these events look obstructive to me, and they occur in clusters. Are you using a soft cervical collar or other method to avoid positional obstruction?  The UA events are being treated with maximum pressure support and it is not really budging the flow. That appears to be a mostly closed airway. The breaths between apnea are high amplitude (flow) and have the appearance of arousal and recovery breathing.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought a 3.5” high SCC from the big A. But it feels like I’m searching for low flying aircraft when I have it on. I’d like to see if I can find a way to trim it down in front just a little so it fits better. We are in TN for two weeks so I’ll resume the Soft Cervical Collar mod when we return home.

Kind of in limbo on this and other things while we are away having fun for a while. 

Thanks for looking over the SH screenshots and interpreting the data. Now I’m off to Tour Amazon - my home away from home. 

Ray
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
All we need is a comfortable fit that keeps the chin from dropping down to where the airway closes. No need to look at the sky. Most SCCs support the back of the jaw and don't put a lot of pressure on the chin. The wedges tend to apply pressure to the chin and there are smaller and larger sizes. It's a personal comfort thing, so it may take some experimentation. Cutting is allowed, just put a sock over it. BTW, and electric carving knife is really good at trimming foam...tip from motorcycle seat customization. Feel free to say Amazon, just don't use the URL suffix.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,326 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 214 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 154 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,555 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 380 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.