Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Odd cluster of CAs
Odd cluster of CAs
[attachment=594]Never seen this before, but looking at last nights data in Rescan, my AHI was 1.3 which is not bad but I've been running less than one pretty much all of the time.

Well at about 6am there is a cluster of CAs. So, I looked for a big leak that coincides, but there was none. I generally have the occasional CA, but usually one or two for the evening. This is a cluster of five or six grouped so close together that it's hard to count them. I know better than to be alarmed but just wondering if someone knows what might cause this. I did see a bright light at the end of a tunnel....
no, just kidding.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Odd cluster of CAs
And that is why I dislike ResScan. If it were SH, you could zoom in easily to see the flow limitation.

If you've not seen this before, I'd not be overly worried. It could be you were dreaming and holding your breath. Don't have that dream again. Nonosign
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2013, 11:59 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: And that is why I dislike ResScan. If it were SH, you could zoom in easily to see the flow limitation.

If you've not seen this before, I'd not be overly worried. It could be you were dreaming and holding your breath. Don't have that dream again. Nonosign
I might consider switching to SH especially if this starts happening. Can you explain what you would look for in flow limitation that would give you a clue about CAs? Thanks for ALL your help Paula.

I zoomed in to one minute in the detailed graphs, but the flow limitation looks flat. I guess SH get in closer? I was having a dream at that time, I wasn't the light at the end of the tunnel sort of thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK Paula, my data is well backed up so I am going to try to open last night in SH and see if I see something new.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limitations are not likely to explain CAs since flow limitations are considered to be precursors to obstructive events.

Also---you CAN zoom in on the wave form in ResScan too. Just takes a bit more effort to do it.

My question: Any chance you were half awake when this cluster of events happened?

Sometimes when we're half awake, the transition between sleep breathing and wake breathing is not particularly smooth and machines like the S9 Autoset occasionally will score a bunch of "false CAs". What I mean by "false CAs" is that these would NOT be scored as a CA on an in-lab PSG because the EEG data would indicate that they are normal "sleep/wake transition events"
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have had a leak or leaks at the upper end of the normal range. If you look at your graph that you posted, the time at the top of the graph is different than the times at the bottom of the graph. One is for 8 hours and one is for 10 hours. Set them both for the same time frame and take another look. Would be interested in seeing your graphs after you do that. I could be wrong but it is something to look at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Boy I am getting bumfuzzled. After trying to look at last night in SH, I tried to import from SD card but it showed nothing for last night but shows data from a couple of days ago.

SO I properly closed SH, ejected the SD card in windows and when I tried to pull the card out it hung. When I looked the little lock tab was in the unlocked position. It was locked. Feels like it's catching the edge of the reader when going in and out.

AND NOW Rescan shows no detail data for the last two days. I will attach the PDF file that I create for every day's backup, but I don't thank that will show what we want. Darn, the attachment is too big.

Roby Sue, yes I did awaken several times during that period, but also fell asleep long enough to have a pretty vivid dream.

ME50 sorry, I screwed things up so we can't look at the data you requested. What a mess!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2013, 03:15 PM)robysue Wrote: Also---you CAN zoom in on the wave form in ResScan too. Just takes a bit more effort to do it.
DreamDiver showing its done in this Resscan video tutorial
http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2013, 03:47 PM)zonk Wrote:
(12-08-2013, 03:15 PM)robysue Wrote: Also---you CAN zoom in on the wave form in ResScan too. Just takes a bit more effort to do it.
DreamDiver showing its done in this Resscan video tutorial
http://apneaboard.com/resscan.htm
Zonk, that is a great video. I learned a lot of valuable things. I may need to watch that one again.
I think somehow in my ignorance I managed to corrupt my data files. I think I will place a fresh card in my machine tonight and see if I can manage better tomorrow. Thanks everyone for trying to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
You already have dec 7 in sleepyhead so go to sleepyhead and look at that data (you don't need the SD card as the data is already there). Change the hours to 8 hours and then post it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CA (cluster?) events not reducing T818 62 5,761 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: T818
  Can you help me interpret this cluster of events? TiredTom111 1 444 08-12-2023, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CA cluster? Loulou82 3 551 03-15-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Loulou82
  How to eliminate a long OA cluster with CSR Roy289 3 518 01-28-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Roy289
  Central Cluster wr61 5 743 03-13-2022, 01:38 PM
Last Post: wr61
  Unusally high Hypopnea cluster jaydee1445 8 990 11-08-2021, 08:34 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Cluster CAs Just Started Foofit 5 789 07-18-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.