Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Strap Stretch - ResMed Nasal Pillows
Strap Stretch - ResMed Nasal Pillows
I find that the strap used to hold the nasal pillows snug stretches over time and needs to be replaced every few months.  They're costly so I usually do something like cut out a section to make it shorter and then reattach the two sections.

Anyone have other hacks or approaches to this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Strap Stretch - ResMed Nasal Pillows
wash the headgear in very hot water and allow to air dry. It will shrink back to close to original.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes.....wash the headgear in hot water. Allow it to soak a bit. My headgear is now two years old and doing fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually just throw mine in with the laundry (sheets or towels) and dry it in the dryer.  That seems to bring it right back.  

Some members have purchased the Resmed Airfit N30 headgear which uses a slot in the bottom of the strap to hold the mask frame and has adjustments. https://www.resmed.com/en-us/sleep-apnea...irfit-n30/

[Image: sleep-apnea-airfit-n30-airfit-n30-front-...24x741.jpg]
[Image: sleep-apnea-airfit-n30-airfit-n30-left-v...24x741.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I like to do with my with my P10 head gear elastic strap is take a clean coffee mug, boil some water and have the strap in the mug and pour in the hot water stir with a fork for 20-30 seconds and pour out the water while I have the cold water tap running quench head band  with cold water and just let the water flow out of the mug for about 20-30 seconds. I just let it air dry for next sleep and seems to work for my self. Do it in the morning and it should dry for the evening sleep session.
If you have a measuring tape measure the length of stretched head gear before treatment and after shrunk. It should be approximately 2 inches shorter (P10 head gear)and very close to a new headgear band length. I can do this approx 2-4 times and then it is spent.
I just ordered some (N30 headgear Resmed part# 64216) for my P10 mask, according to a fellow user you can even shrink that one also like the procedure above. He likes the N30 adjustble headgear when in the middle of the night your having issues you can snug it up and finish the sleep.
I hope this helps you issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great info here....for what it's worth the ResMed N20 headgear stretches like crazy too.

However, I'm wearing my N20 over my new Knightsbridge dual-strap. So the larger/stretched head gear helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a friend who is a genius with sewing, and who also has sleep apnea, although she does not use the P10. I showed her my hopelessly stretched out mask and how I had cut off the top strap, and then hand sewed the back strap a few centimeters closer together. I explained that I had discovered that the top strap was unnecessary, and that I wanted to purchase some elastic band to make a real strap around the back that might actually last longer than the junk that Resmed puts on the mask. Here is the genius part that I would never have thought of: Take a can of lacquer, shellac or even some old leftover paint, cut a piece of elastic the right length, and then dip the ends of it into the paint about an inch (2-3cm) and let it dry. When it is dry take an Xacto knife or other super sharp utility knife and cut a slit in the elastic, basically making a sort of buttonhole. Then I take a heavy scissors and cut the headgear completely off the mask through the plastic right up close to where it connects to the part that holds the nose piece. This allows me to work my new strap onto the mask. Putting it on is easy - just one motion to pull the elastic up over my head, a moment more to wiggle the pillows in place, and I'm ready to turn the machine on. Here is a drawing of what my strap looks like (one end only):

.svg   AirFit-P10-strap.svg (Size: 3.5 KB / Downloads: 136)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,781 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 394 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 370 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,114 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 267 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 400 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.