SleepingDragon Offline

Members

Machine: RemStar Auto w/ A-Flex (560P)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: SystemOne
CPAP Pressure: 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Now With Heated Tube - What a MAJOR improvement!

Sex: Male
Oh No... I think I'm already doomed...
Came across a list of things only CPAP users will understand...
17. Your inner child comes out and you giggle at the “whoopee cushion” sound the mask seal makes when it isn’t strapped on tight enough.

already been there and done that - and this is only month four... Laugh-a-lot
04-19-2015 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PollCat Offline
Apnea Board Polling Administrator
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: H5i Cleanable with ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 18

Other Comments: CPAP-ing since 1995; Type 2 Diabetes; Chronic Asthma; Gout

RE: Oh No... I think I'm already doomed...
Well, don't keep us hanging. Huhsign What are the other items on the list?
04-19-2015 09:48 PM
AirSign Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense A10 for her
Mask Make & Model: Nuance / Airfit P10
Humidifier: Airsense A10
CPAP Pressure: 9-16, average under 14

Other Comments: Seasons here: Wintah, Mud, Road Repair, Wintah

Sex: Female

Found this one:
15. Your night spent at the sleep lab can be compared to or described as what most would think when they visualize an alien abduction probing. On a positive note, at least the sleep technician made you a pot of coffee in the morning before you left.

Last part -- if only!

Thinking-about
04-19-2015 10:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

And (in Letterman style,) Number 1: Your sleep technician's day job is TSA screener.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-20-2015 05:28 AM
SleepingDragon Offline

Members

Machine: RemStar Auto w/ A-Flex (560P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: SystemOne
CPAP Pressure: 14

Other Comments: Now With Heated Tube - What a MAJOR improvement!

Dielaughing TSA screener... Dielaughing

the list is at #10 in the commercial list
subdomain "cpap" before #10's main url and then to the dot-com add "/blog/17-things-cpap-users-will-understand/"

Hope that doesn't break the rules!
Was looking at the Gel type masks... I like the QuatroFx; however, when that 14psi slams into me-face-me-mask-goes-a-farting Dielaughing

My DME called, told me that they should have the upgrade kit for my machine for the heated-hose by this Friday - no more ice-cold air in my face Banana
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 07:37 PM by SleepingDragon.)
04-20-2015 07:35 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

I've found # 10 to be very true...

10. When you find a fellow CPAP user they will tell you they have the best mask on the market and immediately turn on the used car salesman speech to convince you to try one.

Heck, that even happens here on the forum! Too-funny

[refusing to name names, however] Whistle

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-24-2015 12:09 PM
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

(04-24-2015 12:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  I've found # 10 to be very true...

10. When you find a fellow CPAP user they will tell you they have the best mask on the market and immediately turn on the used car salesman speech to convince you to try one.

I would never try to convince someone to use a mask just because I use it. That would be completely unnecessary. Because soon everyone will use the P10. Resistance is futile.

It doesn't even matter that everyone is different, which they are. Except for me of course. I'm not different. I'm the same. But even those that are different will soon discover the P10. Did I mention resistance is futile?
04-24-2015 12:16 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

(04-24-2015 12:16 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  I would never try to convince someone to use a mask just because I use it. That would be completely unnecessary. Because soon everyone will use the P10. Resistance is futile.

It doesn't even matter that everyone is different, which they are. Except for me of course. I'm not different. I'm the same. But even those that are different will soon discover the P10. Did I mention resistance is futile?

I'm sorry; you're wrong. Dielaughing[Image: jump.gif]

[Image: party.gif]

(04-24-2015 12:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  Heck, that even happens here on the forum! Too-funny

Say it ain't so.

Note to R_G: All in good fun. You're a good sport R_G.

(This post was last modified: 04-24-2015 01:01 PM by justMongo.)
04-24-2015 12:58 PM
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(04-24-2015 12:16 PM)retired_guy Wrote:  
(04-24-2015 12:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  I've found # 10 to be very true...

I would never try to convince someone to use a mask just because I use it. That would be completely unnecessary. Because soon everyone will use the P10. Resistance is futile.

You also forgot to mention your previous experience as a used car salesman. Dielaughing
04-24-2015 01:04 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
TravitoDLM Offline

Members

Machine: Phillips Respironics System One REMStar 560P
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F10
Humidifier: Phillips Respironics System One Heated Humidifier (w/o heated tube)
CPAP Pressure: APAP 10-13
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

(04-20-2015 07:35 PM)SleepingDragon Wrote:  the list is at #10 in the commercial list
subdomain "cpap" before #10's main url and then to the dot-com add "/blog/17-things-cpap-users-will-understand/"

For those who don't want to bother translating that into their address bar, here's a direct quote:

Commercial Site #10 Wrote:1. Your friends and family will make every sci-fi character reference that comes to mind when they see you with your mask on. Darth Vader has been the longest comparison but Bane has been the most popular in recent years. Let’s also not forget the elephant trunk reference made to the tubing. “Luke, I am your father”.

2. For years you have been exiled to the couch or guest bedroom but since you brought home that new CPAP you are now welcome back to the master bedroom.

3. You are constantly questioned about those marks or lines on your face during that first hour at work. “No, I didn’t get mugged on my way to work”.

4. Your bed partner asks you a question while you’re trying to fall asleep and when you answer back a flood of pressurized air blows out of your mouth.

5. The middle of the night bathroom walk seems more like a walk in space with your mask still on.

6. some point you have awoke to the sensation of being squeezed by a boa constrictor only to realize your hose tubing has attacked you during the night.

7. You tell someone that you use a CPAP machine and they automatically assume that means you sleep with an “oxygen machine”.

8. You purchase distilled water so often that the local grocery store cashier is convinced you are a “doomsday prepper”.

9. Your humidifier setting can mean the difference between feeling like you’re in the Amazon or the Sahara. You either wake up to mask cushion filled with water or so dry that you expect to see a mirage.

11. Your golfing/camping buddies make sure to remind you up until the last minute to be sure to bring your “CPAT machine” or “CPACK machine” with you or you’re bunking on your own.

12. You have been poked during the middle of the night because the CO2 exhaust from your mask is blowing directly into the face of your spouse/bed partner.

13. Panic sets in when you leave town and forgot to bring any CPAP supply that will stop you from using your machine. You become a man/woman on a mission to find a local store to get that part you need or someone that can ship it to you overnight.

14. At least on one occasion you have woken up and found your mask off of your face and laying somewhere with the machine still blowing out air. Congratulations, you are now a believer in the paranormal.

15. Your night spent at the sleep lab can be compared to or described as what most would think when they visualize an alien abduction probing. On a positive note, at least the sleep technician made you a pot of coffee in the morning before you left.

16. Cranky, tired and unable to focus usually means you didn’t sleep with your therapy device last night and those that know you best will be sure to remind you that you need to make sure you use it tonight.

17. Your inner child comes out and you giggle at the “whoopee cushion” sound the mask seal makes when it isn’t strapped on tight enough.

Hopefully this big quote isn't breaking any rules. Didn't see anything on it.
04-24-2015 10:49 PM