Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oh do I need help
RE: Oh do I need help
With regards to Gideon's question about medical history... the user profile seems to indicate they have fibromyalgia. I wonder if this would be the underlying cause of the CA's?
Post Reply Post Reply

I did change the trigger to Very High the other day.

I changed the pressure back to 5 just now

And….there was one night time med for Intercystial Cystitis that made me real dopey, I discontinued it last week.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fibromyalgia in combination with the central apnea should qualify this patient for ASV. I recommend you contact your doctor about the lack of efficacy with the Vauto and ask for an ASV titration to treat your health problems correctly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, meanwhile while waiting to see Dr as DR is only IN the office twice a month...

And I officially own the BiPap machine now as it cannot be exchanged.  I elected to keep it because I knew getting into DR and GETTING said correct ASV might take FORever.   Sigh.

For fun - here are my latest screenshots.  I have a really hard time with the masks.  At one in the morn or around there, I 
do something that causes the mask -either F30i or F20i to not seal.  I fiddle and futz and the rest of the night is a symphony of mask noises.

I keep notes about which mask, collar or no collar.  I can't figure out the right way to get more than a few hours sleep at a time.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm no expert- but I have the same issues.
I'm a side/stomach sleeper & extremely claustrophobic!
The nose/mouth mask had me waking up in a panic. I didn't manage more than 2hrs at a time with that.
I also mouth breathe. Out of despair, I tried the nasal cushion that rests just below my nose & mouth tape. It doesn't freak me out and I'm getting good hours of therapy
Post Reply Post Reply
I wasn't sure whether to start a new post or continue on...

I had my appointment with the Pulmonary Dr.  She was impressed by my progress.  She said she didn't recommend a ASV machine as people who do not have brain injuries, strokes, etc do not fair well.  She said she would next visit if I insisted, but in her experience, people failed treatment if they didn't have before issues.  She said I have Treatment Emergent Central Sleep Apnea.  She expects my numbers will get better.  The last two nights I have slept so hard from fatique, but great numbers.  I included the last two nights and the one from last week--I am hoping the new numbers are the norm.

I am on a full mask F20, it's a little hard against my face.  I have tried a gecko which just bounced all over and fluttered in my eyes.
I think I have become used to it and when I go into REM sleep or whatever - I have to take it off - jet to the loo - and put it back on.
Not sure if the sleep, the mask or the loo are the culprit.

Thank you for your assistance - I appreciate the help.  I have failed Cpap twice, i am determined to make this work!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I can't begin to tell you the success stories of people with idiopathic central apnea and less severe problems than your own. There are many reasons for CA, and sometimes no reason at all, but when efficacy cannot be achieved with CPAP or BPAP the ASV can seem like a miracle. I know I previously recommended high trigger sensitivity. Did you implement that?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes , I did change the trigger sensitivity to very high. 
I am learning about all of the different aspects of sleep apnea- my brain is not very mechanically inclined!!

I appreciate every response-
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.